Thredbo Trip, January 08 **UPDATED**

m1black

Likes Dirt
I'm assuming "Lisa" is your missus, if so I envy you. The best I can do is
get mine to come and film occasionally. A couple who play together stay
together!...unless she gets better than me..then I'm outta there.

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Haha cheers m1black, yeah she's the best - Hey at least coming out filming is something, better than staying at home!
Lis hasn't been riding for very long (Thredbo = first ever downhill track ridden) but she's keen to give everything a go! Same goes for boarding in winter too actually :)
Hopefully if i can figure it out i'll have the rest of the clip posted in slightly better quality.

motox199

Likes Dirt
Nice vid.
I was there at the exact same time as you, and saw you and your girl a few times. I think me and my mate had a quick chat to you at the bottom of the tight rocky section in the trees where most of this was filmed (forget the name of it). I was on a red norco shore with a green and black thor jersey if you remember me.

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Cheers Sam, the Kona is a little bigger than my World Cup but feels nice and balanced. Should be even better when i get the forks dialled juuuust right. The feel of my Dorados is still pretty hard to beat right now though :)

motox199, yeah i remember chatting to you just on the exit from bunnywalk trees!
Drewie, we were on the hill on Wednesday 8th to Friday 11th.

Lis was exhausted on her first runs, but after she recovered from those she was all good and gave everything a go. I was stuffed after doing a helmet cam run myself haha.. can't believe i used to do runs pretty much all day every day... although the track is a tad more blown out than it used to be!

Middo

Likes Bikes
Great vid of Thredbo! When are you going to post the other parts? My girlfriend and I went down there about 2 weeks ago - loved it:D! She had never ridden anything like that before, and now she wants to go back:cool:. I think I'll sign her up for the womens skills weekend in Feb. Especially after watching your video - she is happy to know she isn't the only one.

Regards

Scott

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Cheers Middo,
Last clips are now up. It's always good to see more and more girls riding the next time you hit the trails!

sendog

Likes Dirt
Hey mate, great vids.
Just wondering what type of helmet camera you were using because I'm in the market for one.
Thanks in advance

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
sendog,

I got mine from here http://www.helmetcameras.com.au/
I'm pretty sure mine is the 'Race Day' Kit.. but my memory could be playing games with me here..

If you like, i'll try to post a short, better clip to give you a better idea of the quality.

I've had it set up like this before as an experiment. A lighter overall setup and wider angle lens would complete it for decent use;

But for these vids i had it mounted under my visor, as shown on the hel-cam website.

freeride-freak

Likes Dirt
hey, sweet vids lookin pretty fast.... its pumping me up too cos im going to thredbo for the first time for the long weekend... YIEW!:D

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
I don't know how many times I can say this but Thredbo is so good.
The guys at RawNRG. are so freakin nice.
The chairlift is just... luxurious and the riding is like you have two tickets to paradise for you and your bike. :p

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
guy on the red bike was pretty good rider and it was a pretty nice track
Haha the guy on the partially orange bike is me. I used to work at RawNRG a few years back so it was sweet to ride on the hill again!

I don't know how many times I can say this but Thredbo is so good.
The guys at RawNRG. are so freakin nice.
The chairlift is just... luxurious and the riding is like you have two tickets to paradise for you and your bike. :p
That's why so many of us just keep going back! :)