Thredbo upgraded DH trails?

sullivanvizual

Likes Dirt
Hello,
I just read the oceanic flyer and it says there will be upgraded DH trails does that mean there will be more one DH trail to ride??? Cheers09:D

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
No i dont thinks so. The amount of work required to build new sections of track in that amount of time, let alone a whole new track which is approx. 4km long. No way.

I think it just means serviced sections of trail. Considering the National Parks conservation interests, unless im mistaken i think all new trackwork (ie building a new section) has to be approved and go through a long process.

Could possibly be there is a new section, but i still think its unlikely.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
I went down in the holidays around the 20th January and they were doing a LOT of maintanence.
My mate (kezzaM) went down last week and a new section has been built for interschools.

Apperently it is uphill, slippery and off camber, what a combo! :p
Can't wait for interschools!

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went down in the holidays around the 20th January and they were doing a LOT of maintanence.
My mate (kezzaM) went down last week and a new section has been built for interschools.

Apperently it is uphill, slippery and off camber, what a combo! :p
Can't wait for interschools!
Er no. I don't recall turning 180 degrees and starting to ride UP the hill when i was down there. The new line is full of a few 90 degree corners which are either bermed or flat/off camber.

So you were halfway there.....

sullivanvizual

Likes Dirt
Yo yeh sweet at least there maintaining it I guess.mite head down for the oceanic championchips and film for my new film sweet! SULVIZ09:cool:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Er no. I don't recall turning 180 degrees and starting to ride UP the hill when i was down there. The new line is full of a few 90 degree corners which are either bermed or flat/off camber.

So you were halfway there.....
I did nt mean that silly..
I meant that some of it is on an uphill slope, like you traverse the hill.

That's just what I have been told!

DNF

Likes Dirt
Yeah i was there last week for afew days, there's just a new line where it cuts under the chairlift through the fast open section on the way towards 'bunny walk' i think its called (the tight rock garden). The off camber is pretty good.
Apart from that the trail is just really groomed, also with afew inches of extra gravel on the fireroad.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Yeah i was there last week for afew days, there's just a new line where it cuts under the chairlift through the fast open section on the way towards 'bunny walk' i think its called (the tight rock garden). The off camber is pretty good.
Apart from that the trail is just really groomed, also with afew inches of extra gravel on the fireroad.
I think that has been there since last year...
You travers the hill, then there is a 90 degree tightish corner and there is a bump that kicks you up?

Oh well, will have to see when I get down there.

DNF

Likes Dirt
its nothing worth talking about.. just gets rid of the pedal section that used to be there and breaks it up with afew corners.

tc2233

Likes Dirt
When a few friends and i were down there a few weeks ago, we were talking to some of the people that work there (this might not happen but they were planning to) be building a whole new section which will skip snakes and ladders.
They also mentioned about a corner after snakes and ladders where Sean Oconner and Nathan Rennie do a crazy line where they launch off the corner jump over 2m of bushes then land at the next corner. Apparently with this corner they are going to make it a lot easier to do so they are going to put a bit of a jump where they launch off and going to make the corner you land on a lot smoother and safer.
I will post some pictures of the corner im talking about because i dont think many people know what im talking about.

pak

Likes Bikes
Thredbo track changes

There has been a new section of track built from the pallets under snakes & ladders to the blue hoop signs above bandicoot.Includes 5 jumps tech tree section and open fast.Still building frantically.Two new sections lower in planning.A new section of XC also cut last week out near Friday Flat.

tc2233

Likes Dirt
There has been a new section of track built from the pallets under snakes & ladders to the blue hoop signs above bandicoot.Includes 5 jumps tech tree section and open fast.Still building frantically.Two new sections lower in planning.A new section of XC also cut last week out near Friday Flat.
Will we be using this new section at interschools next week?

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
I spoke to my mate today, who was in thredbo about 3 weeks ago (between the Stromlo (champs) and Buller rounds), and he said that he was speaking to some of the guys that were doing the track work and they said that they wernt planning on using it for interschools beacuse it might not be completed by then. But who knows. May well do unless its too tricky for some of the junior riders but im sure it will be rollable.

pak

Likes Bikes
Yeah mate made good progress today.Snow making progect nearly out of the way.Entry into new section not going to be totally finished.B lines around all jumps.Its a bit raw,but rides good. Hopefully it bakes up.Open it next week.

david m

Likes Dirt
so is that rock section you can see from the chairlift after snakes and ladders still there?? better be! best bit of the whole track! thats what i look forward to every run!

unitec

Likes Dirt
Yeah mate made good progress today.Snow making progect nearly out of the way.Entry into new section not going to be totally finished.B lines around all jumps.Its a bit raw,but rides good. Hopefully it bakes up.Open it next week.
Great to see some work being put into the track. I am sure that the investment will be repayed by an increased patronage by the MTB community.
How about some photos to tempt us down there??
Cheers