TI springs for Fox Vanilla?

Ezreal2001

Likes Bikes
Hi,

Been reducing my bike's weight, and I've noticed after market TI spring.

So I'm wandering if its possible to replace the spring on a Fox vanillia shock with a Ti one?

And, costs aside, would it save much weight.

Jimass

Eats Squid
I read somewhere that a Ti spring weighs up to half as much as a standard.

All that is needed is to make sure the length+internal+external measurements are correct.

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The cost to weight-saved ratio would be poor, it's a pretty expensive "upgrade"... save up for a new shock, as mentioned below.

Last edited:

lockieoc

Likes Dirt
why bother?
You would be better off spending your money on a better quality shock. i can tell you now that you would punch out quicker runs on a better shock then you would with a Van with a Ti spring

Last edited:

peanut

Likes Dirt
yes you can but.. the vanilla has a smaller diameter shock body and the majority of the more affordable ti springs are designed for shocks with a larger diameter shock body.
You may need to get an oversized collar or a spacer for the top and bottom collar's so the spring sits on the shock properly.

I can't recall the name..maybe obtainium or something along those lines, There was a link in a ti spring thread, which had the ti supplier who sells this setup for a vanilla etc.
Depending on the spring rate you can save a fair chunk of weight and depending on the brand,saving half the weight of a steel spring isn't unrealistic.

Last edited: