Time to boast about your worst injuries

kdog193

Squid
This isn't really a big stack. All I really did was graze my forearms. Its more like the most shamefull stack ever.

Mind you this was my first time going down this jump made by 3 people in the local forest. =p

I went down the homemade road gap into the homemade trial. The bad thing was, is that the jump only led to the landing not the rest of the trail. I jumped 2 far and landed on the very end of the lander and went right into a tree. No damage to bike considering I bailed when i realized i was heading for a tree. The tree came down with me so thats a bonus for everyone that goes after me. =p

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
When I was about ten yeas old I was riding my BMX with a flat front tyre. Don't know why. Kids do dumb stuff.
Anyway, pedalling my guts out and the front tyre turned and locked and I went up over the bars and as I did the left brake lever went about two inches into my inner thigh.
As I went over the bars I felt it pull out 'Thuk'! and I had a gaping wound with white stuff (?) and blood gushing out.

I left my bike on the footpath and hobbled home crying, clutching my leg ("Muuumm-eeee"!)

Only got three stitches, but to a ten year old kid that's braggin rights in the play ground.

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
Never really had a bad injury...bruises, cuts, etc etc, even rode with da bomb flats for ages that had what looked like 3 – 4 mm pins.

Worst near injury was in 06...Did a big-bigish step down at marinos in cairns...If you live up here you’ll know it as the barrel jump when you first push in.
Anyway, cold turkey hit, bit less speed than I would have like so I gave the bike a good compress and pull at the lip, rear end dropped straight down and me and the bike were vertical in the air...I tried to level the bike....landed straight on my back and bounced, rolled for a good 5 metres and just lay there....wind was knocked out of me something chronic, big cut down my back....various other little scrapes, etc

I still think the only reason I didn’t have any back injury was because I wore my dainese body armour that had the cockroach armour down the spine.
Armour was rendered useless afterwards though...tore all the webbing, etc...

But geez some of the stuff in this thread. I wonder how many may not have been around if they didn’t wear protection!

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Broke my Radius last year, clean break due to a head on collision with a mate on our MTB's, now have a plate and seven screws residing in my arm.

IMG_2691..jpg
IMG_2690..jpg
Photo0025..jpg

scblack

Leucocholic
Well, I broke my back 4 weeks ago. Seriously.

I have broken the Transverse Process on L1 to L4 vertebra. Yes, cracked four vertebra.

Fuck I am lucky, other than taking Panadeine Forte to sleep for four days, I have been perfectly fine. Lack of movement, and stiff, for sure but nothing too bad at all.

For being unlucky enough to slam a tree on a DH run, and walk away with a broken back, no surgery, no long term issues I am a lucky duck!