Tire compound?

le george

Cannon Fodder
Planing on buying some Maxxis bling blings for my ht and was wondering what compound should i use ie. slow reezay, Super tacky etc.

junior

get out of my grill
do u want them to last or just be grippy and to race on?
cause on my dh bike i have the hardest compound to practice and just ride around on. and when i race i put thin maxxis tyres wit a soft compound.

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I use Slow Reezaay and i've had them for 6 months now, still look new...even after heaps of road riding, the Slow Reezaays are the grippiest and they last more than long enough, so i'd just get them unless you want the tyre to roll better.

shorty

Likes Dirt
I've had Maxxis Larsen TT's (60a compound) on my ride for only 6 months, and i'm looking to replace them very soon. So even with the hard compound, u will still wear these tires out fairly quickly! For riding on the street...60a is great...and like gromet, i change my tires to highroller 42a's for racing and riding 4x courses! So go a set of 60a Bling Blings and have a soft set for off road shanigans, or get a soft set of hardcore knobbies for the same off road stuff!

chandler_mate

Likes Dirt
i use bling blings on my hardtail
i reckon the soft compounds wear out too fast on the back so ive got 60a rear super tacky front
i wish they pissed that red circle off aye, gives me the shits

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
At the 50 bucks a Bling Bling will cost you, compared to say $95 for a Michelin Hot S, you can afford them to wear out twice as fast.

I'd say go with the super tacky or the slow reazay. Never heard of anyone wishing they had less grip out on the trail.

Everyone I know who has them (me included) loves their Bling Blings. Good grip, not too heavy and great price.

junior

get out of my grill
FR Drew said:
At the 50 bucks a Bling Bling will cost you, compared to say $95 for a Michelin Hot S, you can afford them to wear out twice as fast.

I'd say go with the super tacky or the slow reazay. Never heard of anyone wishing they had less grip out on the trail.

Everyone I know who has them (me included) loves their Bling Blings. Good grip, not too heavy and great price.
i had michelin hot s for bout a year and no ware wat so god dam ever. but they have no grip at all

le george

Cannon Fodder
So would bling blings be allright for downhill? or should i get minnions or something, but they would cost more.

mtb_man

Likes Dirt
I use a Bling Bling in a Super tacky on the front for DJ/Street/park riding and it's never let me down and wear has been excellent. It's been rolling on my bike for about 6 months now and i love it.

For DH they'd be terrible compared to a minion. The side knobs aren't agressive enough to hook up in loose terrain and they'd loose heaps in braking traction because they'd just skid. Maybe if you are racing on a fully groomed and swept hardpack trail they'd go okay.

Minions do cost more but you get a much better DH tire.