Tire Pressure

S.

ex offender
Depends on the course. If I'm not likely to get a flat, normally somewhere from 20-25. If it's a bit rocky or whatever, 25-30.

However, I reckon the fastest run I've ever done at Eildon was with my tyres at 55psi...

Edit: 321 rims with Michy Comp24 tyres.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm about the same as Socket.......except for that 55psi bit...

Edit for Ty :wink: :321 rims, 2.5 ST high rollers, any old tubes, 7" dually.

Ty

Eats Squid
i think it's important to state your tire, rim, tube and frame type combo when stateing pressures.

IRC kujo 2.65 /d321/xc tubes/hardtail front: 22-25 psi
maxxis minion 2.5/d321/xc tube/hardtail rear: 20-25

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Michelin Comp 32: anywhere between 18-25psi
Michelin Comp 24: 20-30psi

At the moment i'm running tubeless on D3.1 rims but i'd run the same pressures with tubes on different rims.

It all depends on the terrain really. If i'm worried about flatting i'll run the higher side of the pressures i stated. If traction is a big issue and there arn't many chances of flatting i run the lower pressures.

Damo

Likes Dirt
Front: Tioga Factory 2.3/Velocity DeepV/homemade tubeless thing 25-30psi
Rear: Maxxis Mobster 2.1/DiceEFD/ homemade tubless - 28 - 35psi

Bike: kona roast

You don't want to go too low on homemade tubeless run the chance of rolling of the rims. Depends really on how much traction ya want

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Dice Twosix/Four, Michelin Comp32 and Duro Wildlife Leopard; anywhere between 15 and 25psi.
Now: D321 with Maxxis Minion 2.5; 18-28psi.

I usually run just under 20psi rear and up to 25 front.

S.

ex offender
You run less pressure on the back than the front? Strange, might I ask why?

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
front: maxxis mobster 2.7 sun ditch bitch mozo x55 forks. 20 not rocky ,30/35 rocky.

back: specilized rolla 2.5 sun DW. 15 not rocky .and about 25-50 when rocky.
and i have a bighit.

don't know why but i've never got a front flat ever when racing or just riding.thats the reason for the upped rear psi.

trobb

Likes Dirt
It depends on the track. if its like steap and rocky than about 30 - 35. if its fast like robroy, 35 - 40 psi.

bazza

look at me
i run less up front due to an the awesome power of michy tires in stopping pinch flats. havent had one to date since i baught it, over 6 months ago. compared to a 2.1 tiogra i had on the back which i did sooooo oftenly. buy michy tires what they cost will save u in tubes. ummm i recommend less up front then up back for gripping purposes. but i ride in townsivlle. rocky and dusty. it works welll.

ricky lee

Pro Rider
I am running tubless Maxxis Minion on 321s and because I am a little dude I run 19 Psi in the front and 17 in the rear.
On real open fast tracks I push it up by 5 or 6 Psi.

Burnination

Cannon Fodder
I run maxxis high rollers or minions, pressures depend on what size tire your running, and the track, if it was a short pedally track, like ipswich for S.E. Qlder's id go something like a 2.5 High roller front, maybe even a single ply on the front for lighter weight, pressure at about 22psi rear go for a high roller 2.35 at about 24 psi, maybe go up a couple if im worried about a flat in a spot.
but preety much everywhere else id run a 2.7 minion on the front, ive found then to be a little better than the high rollers, uaually always run the bigger tires, despite what people say the extra weight and rolling resistance is such a small difference and u get more grip for sure, but thats just me, some people prefer smaller tires in soft conditions to cut thru the dirt, but with a 2.7 im run about 20 psi front and a 2.5 back at about 24 again.
Tire pressures and type always depend on the conditions, the dirt, the track, lats of things , u should really go and experiment and see what works for you, try super hard , super soft and just see what happens, i wouldnt go below 15 psi though, thats just scary when th etire starts to roll, or worse, roll off.
After ive said all this id recomend a 2.7 and 2.5 super tacky minions front and rear, a front minion on the rear is also really good, u can run the slow reezays if u want but they do wear out super fast, but traction is unreal, im just talking about maxxis here tho cause that seems to be the best option, value for money is trhe bvest here, but ive run other before, like intense and michelins and the same pressures seem to work for all tires
just go and experiment, but with the optios i mentioned u really cant go wrong

j-ro

Likes Dirt
Dice24 front and Rear,
Intense 3inch comp50 front w/ intense 3inch tube @ 17psi
Duro wildlife 2.6 w/ intense 2.6inch tube @ 23psi

unless I am hitting a race run or just a flat out run and I will jump up to a brand new set of tires and will run 48psi front and 52psi rear.
This is because i have an all or nothing style, they roll better but dont grip just as well , but if so and i washout hey I'm rooted anyway and i wont make the cut for podium so who cares!

dhd

Downhill Direct
Ummmm......I just push it in with my thumb until it feels about right.

I run Farkin's tubeless conversion on Maxxis Mobster super tackies.

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Michellin 2.8 front 2.5 rear on Mavic D3.1 tubeless rims

about 18psi fr and 20 rear.