tires what a good combination

Troy Mcloughlin

Cannon Fodder
I have a 27.5 inch rim looking for a good all round tire set up.

at the moment I am running 2 ardent maxxis 27.5x2.25. want to know what you all thing and are running.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
2.25 Ardents tells us that you probably have an XC or light trail bike?

What bike do you have, what kind of riding do you prefer to do, how hard do you ride, and what's your local dirt like? Might help with a little direction.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Evening! I'm putting some new treads on my Sight and have settled on a DHR2 up front, as apparently they roll a bit better than the DHF. But can't decide between an Aggressor or Minion SS out back. I get that the SS is a dry weather tyre, but I rarely ride in the wet, and it will be faaast. But then the Aggressor will be a better all rounder. Can't fu@ken decide! BTW, 90% of my riding is done at Hobbs/Wombat. What say you, RB?? Help me out! Cheers!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Evening! I'm putting some new treads on my Sight and have settled on a DHR2 up front, as apparently they roll a bit better than the DHF. But can't decide between an Aggressor or Minion SS out back. I get that the SS is a dry weather tyre, but I rarely ride in the wet, and it will be faaast. But then the Aggressor will be a better all rounder. Can't fu@ken decide! BTW, 90% of my riding is done at Hobbs/Wombat. What say you, RB?? Help me out! Cheers!

SS rear. Better in the wet than it has any right to be, and it’s fast as. Love it.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
2.3 Dhf front 2.25 ardent rear is my trail combo. 2.5 Dhf front and 2.3 dhf rear is my boofy combo....... but I rate Magic Mary highly and possibly prefer over 2.5dhf.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Full on #endurobro
-Maxxis Shorty front, dhf rear.
-Michelin Wild AM front, Wild Grip'r rear
-Schwalbe Magic mary front, Nobby Nic rear

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
2.25 Ardents tells us that you probably have an XC or light trail bike?

What bike do you have, what kind of riding do you prefer to do, how hard do you ride, and what's your local dirt like? Might help with a little direction.
Highlighted bit is the most important of those questions. The flavour of your dirt will determine the most appropriate tyres for your situation.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Full on #endurobro

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
*For general trail riding
Nobby nic snakeskin is shithouse, maxxis forekaster exo is basically the same tyre but better.. And it’s better than that ardent piece of shit too..

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
forekaster vs aggressor on the rear? I quite like the aggressor - does exactly what its meant to, rolls well, corners good enough and is all round predictable, why would one use the forekaster instead? better rolling I presume.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Full on #endurobro
Michelin make a tyre called the Wild Enduro if fluro shit and ski goggles is ya thing. Seem to be working out OK for Sammy Hill this year. Seem to be really good at crossing over from wet to dry, whereas the Shorty and the Mary probably arent great in hard dry.
Wild AM is the best front trail tyre I've used, way out in front of Ardents/Forecasters, Nics, Purgs etc.
Casings on the Michelins absolutely spank the other two as well.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
forekaster vs aggressor on the rear? I quite like the aggressor - does exactly what its meant to, rolls well, corners good enough and is all round predictable, why would one use the forekaster instead? better rolling I presume.
Huh? Nope. Agressor vs Minion SS for a rear.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Huh? Nope. Agressor vs Minion SS for a rear.
I found the SS to be pretty shit on 30mm width rims, the edge knobs roll to far inwards and the tyre dragged constantly and cornered shit, my SS has been unused after a couple of rides, the rock razor on the other hand is awesome.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
I found the SS to be pretty shit on 30mm width rims, the edge knobs roll to far inwards and the tyre dragged constantly and cornered shit, my SS has been unused after a couple of rides, the rock razor on the other hand is awesome.
Yeah, I'm actually moving on from a Magic Mary/Rock razor combo, but Schwalbe do my nut in with how quick they wear, so now I'm looking for a similar set. Having said that, the MM waa complete overkill for what I ride, so hope the DHR2 up front is a bit quicker.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Michelin make a tyre called the Wild Enduro if fluro shit and ski goggles is ya thing. Seem to be working out OK for Sammy Hill this year. Seem to be really good at crossing over from wet to dry, whereas the Shorty and the Mary probably arent great in hard dry.
Wild AM is the best front trail tyre I've used, way out in front of Ardents/Forecasters, Nics, Purgs etc.
Casings on the Michelins absolutely spank the other two as well.
I have the Michelin Wild Enduro front and rear (they are specific) on the Spitty and they have been great in semi dry to full on wet and sticky clay mud so far. On the Rune I've run an HRII front and Ardent or SS rear, DHF front and DHR2 rear. They've all been good combos but I would take the SS rear in dry through moist conditions. Too early to call the Michelins but they are shaping up as my go to tyres, just need to ride them in the dry for an all around appraisal.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
I have the Michelin Wild Enduro front and rear (they are specific) on the Spitty and they have been great in semi dry to full on wet and sticky clay mud so far. On the Rune I've run an HRII front and Ardent or SS rear, DHF front and DHR2 rear. They've all been good combos but I would take the SS rear in dry through moist conditions. Too early to call the Michelins but they are shaping up as my go to tyres, just need to ride them in the dry for an all around appraisal.
I would love to give those tyres a go, just don't have the bike to justify them unfortunately.
I think they make a Force Enduro rear which as a bit slicker but not quite as slick as the SS or RR.