Tld 6400 knee brace

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Well between the hefty amounts of arthritis and some pretty nasty ligament damage along with a double break in the leg, is anyone using the tld 6400 brace? Odds of a full heal arent great and ill need to protect it if I want to keep riding into the future.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Disclocated the knee cap last year and gave a couple of the ‘soft’ knee braces a go. They felt ok whilst pedalling, but I think any impact or side loading of the leg with any force would render it a bit useless. I found the ones the physio would recommend to a better fit and stitching quality than the TLD one. However none of them had any leg protection, it was purely for knee stability.
Ended up paying out the $700 and got a POD brace. Without doubt the best value and purchase of any bike related product I’ve ever made.

It got me back on the bike and comfortable within a fortnight. I struggled to have any faith in the soft brace. I now just use it on rides where I’m pushing a bit harder or riding DJ and DH. It’s way cheaper than needing a knee rebuild!