TMBA MTB Park meeting soon... (read bump)

MrPlow

TMBC
This is the address for any club members from now on.
toowoomba_mtb@yahoo.com
To be added to the list reply to this mail with subject "TCC_MTB"
Cheers, Greg.

The Top Carpark.

Start of Run

Looking down, 1/4 track on shuttle track.

Looking from 1/2 track back up.

2/3rds back up.

The massive Sandstone rock garden. 3/4 track looking up.

Ryan

Radministrator
Yeeeeeowww!!! Looks awesome MrPlow, congratulations on your hard work paying off in such a fantastic way :)

MrPlow

TMBC
So there you go. Mick and I scoped it out yesterday. It took us 3 hours round trip.
The run will be massive :shock:

To join the club:
Download a MTBA form from there websight. www.mtba.asn.au
It is the PDF link by the way.
You need to add $20.00 to club mambership ontop of the mtba fee. eg it costs me $90.00.

Take the completed form down to Brian Page Cycles. The club will pick it up from there. Note Pageys is not affilliated with the club, so you can't use there eftpos.

There will be a meeting later next week perhaps. I will let you all know the goings on as they come to hand.

At the first meeting I am imagining we will talk time frames. The next meeting hopefully will be at the sight scoping out a potential track. This is the potentially frustrating bit. So prepare to arrive with an open mind. This is also where hopefully we can get some input from the Bris / Ippy guys and Lindsay Klien and other experinced type dudes.

If you are interested in having your say, it would be great if we all did some www surfing to read up on trail building first.

NOTE!!
Please do NOT go trail building in the park on your own EVER! Arrangements will be made to fine your asses if you do so.
Don't Spoil the hard work everyone has put into getting this land, the Gods are watching :wink:

Cheers dudes :D
ride on.
Go check out your new land :)

S.

ex offender
Madcore!

Got any stats on the area? Vertical drop, actual distance, etc? How many tracks are you hoping/intending to put in?

Seriously awesome work, that's cool as... hope it stays around forever!

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lol, i am getting goose bumps just looking at that! Pitty they are powerlines and not chair lifts! :p

Speshul K

Likes Dirt
So we are free to go down and have a looksee. I think we definately need people like Lindsay to have a major say in it.

MrPlow

TMBC
tommo said:
So we are free to go down and have a looksee. I think we definately need people like Lindsay to have a major say in it.
Of course. You can even ride your bike down there (you always could)
You cannot make trails though. Thats all.

louispijpers

model citizen
i'm thinking that lindsay, and co. should have most of the say in the tracks. caues they have been to heaps of tracks and know what works and what doesn't work. their potential has already been proved with lefty and flagon.

MrPlow

TMBC
we all will have a say, but off course the more experienced riders will be listened too as well. remember there is XC area and 4x track area too. Even the 30 acre block at the base has huge potential for Flaggy style runs and is shuttle-able.
As for the building. I am contacting Scott Sharples and also we will build by the IMBA handbook.
Everyone will have their say (every club member anyway). May be a bit difficult, but has to be that way to be fair.

nathan

Likes Dirt
No disrespect to anyone but I think us Toowoomba guys can manage building a track ourselves. Prime example lately is flaggon which we all built (you know who you are), with a lot of sweat and its a great track. Plus Toowoomba riders will be the people who will be riding it the most

So i say keep the jobs in Toowoomba. Hehe. :)

Roadie Rob

Likes Dirt
Let us know when you want help. And Nathan if you are going to build a long term sustainable track to IMBA standards you'll need help. I've riden some of the tracks in Toowoomba with Jared and Lindsay and I know you guys do great work. But would love to see a full IMBA approved track that could be the showcase to councils in South East Queensland to get more approved access. Plus wait till you try to build a 4X track by hand it SUX. (but fully worth it!!!!)

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mr Plow

Can you please clarify why we need to affiliate with MTBA not just join the local club. I am quite happy to pay $20 to join the club so I can voice my opinions. However I don't understand why we need to simultaneously join MTBA. Is this for insurance reasons? If so why are mountain bikers not covered by the council's insurance while riding on their land. Furthermore why is there such expediancy with sigining people up to the club. Wouldn't it be better to hold a meeting to whom anyone is invited and after discussing the issues people can formulate whether they wish to join the club. It would be a good opportunity to collect forms etc.

Ryan

nathan

Likes Dirt
Point taken Rob, lol I didn't say anything about building a 4X track we'll need everyone we can get for that job, plus a bob cat.

MrPlow

TMBC
Ryan. If it was not for MTBA having Ten Million insurance there is NO WAY in the world the council would have given us that land. Your MTBA membership is essential, as is Club membership too.

The Park will be treated the same as any oval or venue owned by the council. You and your mates can go kick the footy at the oval. But as soon as you want to book it for an event you will need 10 mil insurance.

And Nathan, No disrespect to you but I think we as a club can make a decision on who we get to consult us on trail building, and where they come from too. Whether that is Tmba riders or not should be up to the club members.

Hope this answers your question. To put it clearly, without MTBA or Tmba Cycling Club there would be no land. Without joining these bodies you will have no say in land issues. And you won't be able to participate in club races either, this includes shuttle runs as vehicles will only be allowed in under the club. Of course if you are a member of another club with MTBA membership you are more than welcome.

Oh and Council may provide services such as earthmoving equipment to build structures too.