Tokyo 2020

Ackland

chats d'élevage
He knew. He just didn't have the mtb skillset to ride it.
He definitely has the skills. Just typical new era cyclist, doesn't listen because he's above all that.
Vdp rode it successfully for a few laps with a tweaked hip before pulling the pin.
He was also able to keep pace until Pidcock dropped the watts.

I briefly saw video of Kate Courtney completely ignoring the ramp......
I think you'll see most of the women in medals contention clearing it

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
He definitely has the skills. Just typical new era cyclist, doesn't listen because he's above all that.
Vdp rode it successfully for a few laps with a tweaked hip before pulling the pin.
He was also able to keep pace until Pidcock dropped the watts.

I think you'll see most of the women in medals contention clearing it
No doubt he has the skills. I probably mean the mtb awareness. Looked to me like he tried to roll the feature. No way I would have done that.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Some peeps at work had this on the telly in the kitchen and were gasping at the extreme daring of the riders rolling gently over these rocks. Managed to watch that race for about 5 minutes before I got bored and went back to my spreadsheets…

Hell, even I’d launch that shit on the Orange… Maybe.
I was pretty impressed with the fact that they were rolling on XC rigs. Usually out on the trails, folks are overbiked, it was a welcome change, but yes somewhat boring viewing. They need to do something about that lol.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Snipers perhaps?
I rekon they need to drop the number of laps and extend the course. The gnarly bits make for some good watching. Maybe bring up some power data or something on the climb sections. Throw in some tech climbs that half the field have to cyclocross up. Then the overtaking needs work, maybe have longer b lines where if you shred harder you can overtake in parallel. Not the olympics specifically, but XC could do with better tv viewing. At the moment the structure of the course is too bias towards local viewers and it needs improvement to reach bigger audiences.