Toowoomba DH, hardcore ?

safreek

I'm in Toowoomba at the moment, yes, that silly woman let me into the state.
Google mapped the tracks around here and have discovered a track called the bridle way which I am riding tomorrow.
Beside it is a track which I forget the name of, it's meant to be black diamond which I assume means freeride. Any locals able to tell me if an average rider can do this track in a safe way or is it too hard for a unco rider.
I have the mighty Astrix so hoping I can get friends to pick me up at the bottom

How big are the jumps and drops, also will the locals hero worship my helmetless ways.
Any info gladly received.
PS: I will wear a helmet if I am capable of riding the track.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Oh, also dawned on me that it is only braked at the rear, possible that may make a difference
I know nothing of the trails but rear brakes only makes anything that is even approaching steep a fair challenge unless you really know a trail. Being able to actually get your anchors down is pretty important if you get into trouble or end up on a wrong line.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Is that at Picnic Point, or the top of Jubilee Park?

I’m not familiar with any MTB trails at Picnic Point but the jubilee trails should be ok. You just have to get back up the range somehow …

safreek

I know nothing of the trails but rear brakes only makes anything that is even approaching steep a fair challenge unless you really know a trail. Being able to actually get your anchors down is pretty important if you get into trouble or end up on a wrong line.
Didn't even realise the front was not on, I must have been a bit inattentive whilst packing, to be honest I have never done a proper DH track before so am a bit wary. I guess a front would of been better

safreek

Is that at Picnic Point, or the top of Jubilee Park?

I’m not familiar with any MTB trails at Picnic Point but the jubilee trails should be ok. You just have to get back up the range somehow …
Jubilee park, from what I gather the bridle track is a loop so that's ok, it's the other one that you talk of. Is there a carpark to get picked up at the bottom.

Looking at a quick run down the hill on the road to see how fast is possible.
Had a friend recommend doing a run down the bypass, apparently there is many km of sweet downslope. Probably have banned bikes though

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Jubilee park, from what I gather the bridle track is a loop so that's ok, it's the other one that you talk of. Is there a carpark to get picked up at the bottom.
Check out the link from @Dales Cannon

It’s a decent drive down the range to the bottom ‘trail head’ for a shuttle. Mostly xc styles trails down the bottom.

Trails generally aren’t too steep but can be rocky, dusty (should be ok at the moment) and fast. Helmet recommended.

safreek

Thought I was in Logan for a second when I saw trails called Centrelink and cheeseburger. Under that site doesn't seem to load fully, probably my phone though as it's an oppo

indica

Serial flasher
Do you only have a DH bike?
Heaps of good QLD tracks, I have ridden a few