Top Section of Mackenzie Frenzy Closed

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Due to the current maintainence that is happening the top part of Mackenzie Frenzy is closed. You are still able to ride the track from the main chute onwards. It will be open again once we complete the work, which should be in a week or two.

top_dog

Likes Dirt
Does anybody know if the track will be open by next Wednesday or Thursday?

My family is going up for a couple of days, so I can do some riding with the Toowoombians.

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im not sure, but it doesnt worry much you only miss say 100m of the track and you get to do mad drifts on the fire road :p

top_dog

Likes Dirt
Pete_10 said:
im not sure, but it doesnt worry much you only miss say 100m of the track and you get to do mad drifts on the fire road :p
Yeah but that was the part of the track that I struggled with at the race last year, so I would like to ride it again before the race this year. Probably won't be a problem, cause I have improved massively since then.

MrPlow

TMBC
lindsay said:
It'll be another week or two. All the rocks are in place. We just need to concrete them in now.
Looks great Lindsay. Just wondering about the camber before the last RH turn?
What was the reasoning behind having it so off camber? Runoff? I would have thought the runoff that way will just rutt the off camber straight just after the last RH corner? Just a thought, at the IMBA Joey Klien visit, I reckon that he would have banked that in and let the runoff follow the concrete berm.

The other thing they said that you could possibly do would be a bit of a pit on the inside of the apex of that RH corner. Put some of that green mesh and maybe some hay bales to pool that water and allow it to seep out evenly.

Just ideas, hope it helps. When are you down there next?

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
MrPlow said:
Looks great Lindsay. Just wondering about the camber before the last RH turn?
What was the reasoning behind having it so off camber? Runoff??
I think it had something to do with shifting 3 tonnes of dirt vs 25 tonnes. I believe the slope of the land naturally cambered the way that it was installed. Greg do you really think rain is going to be an issue I know I'm not building my 'Ark' yet.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was concreted on Thursday but the section needs to cure. I think Lindsay said the track would be open by Tuesday.

cheers
Ryan