Tour De Farkin 2023 - Starts Sat 1st July

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
ok so I joined the RB league. not sure about the quiz thing. entered a time for the stage one ITT, but there's no confirmation button

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That may or may not be moorey. I suspect not, as moorey has generally not given a tuppeny fuck for road racing, let alone a grand tour.
I also changed my pic, as Lord Vader may be viewed as trademarked or some such. Still Lord Ponsenby of Frankston though.....
You never know but I also have my suspicions of who it may be.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
OK, I've signed up. Seems like a lot of work but what is the team selection strategy here?
similar in ways to the DH fantasy thing. a mix of top riders (exxy) and fill the rest of your 8 rider roster with cheaper but not too shit riders.
There are points for stage wins, overall position(I think) as well as KOM, points, most aggressive (attacking during a stage, not cavendish headbutting people) etc. You probably want a mix of a couple of leaders, a sprinter or two, and the rest all-rounders. & the rules state there is a max of 3 riders from any one team.

ozzybmx

OK, I've signed up. Seems like a lot of work but what is the team selection strategy here?
I've made it a custom league with 140 points instead of 120. So fill yer boots with top end riders then pic a med and a roughie.

Tonight is a 13km ITT to kick it off then about 4 stages of possible Sprint wins before the 1-day guys get going, then the mountains.

Just keep an eye on your 'captain' as he gets double points for the stage.

Swap riders out as stages change, max of 8 swaps though so choose carefully.

Make sure and assign a rider as your winner for each day.

ozzybmx

similar in ways to the DH fantasy thing. a mix of top riders (exxy) and fill the rest of your 8 rider roster with cheaper but not too shit riders.
There are points for stage wins, overall position(I think) as well as KOM, points, most aggressive (attacking during a stage, not cavendish headbutting people) etc. You probably want a mix of a couple of leaders, a sprinter or two, and the rest all-rounders. & the rules state there is a max of 3 riders from any one team.
You have 8 trades over the 3 weeks but dont go mad with them, having a trade left at day 21 and swapping a sprinter in on the Champs-Élysées could be the difference between a few spots or the outright win.

ozzybmx

On the 'work' league last year, a mate of mine flew off to a massive lead in the first 5 stages... the turkey had used up all 8 trades by stage 5 :D

Over the next 5 stages he got caught and relegated to somewhere down the bottom at the end.

Unless I have a drop out, I'll probably only change 1 or 2 riders by stage 5.

There are a few I would like in for tonight but going to have to gear up for stages 2-5 instead.

ozzybmx

mine calls it a stage winner bonus rather than 'road captain', so maybe I fked something up?
No you are 100% correct, I just grabbed the pic off the internet to show so I didn't give away my team.... here's a screen shot of my team with covered riders ;)

They have just renamed it this year.