Hello I applied for acces on the following date:
10-12-2011 at 03:58 PM

Just wondering if I will get access?

Thanks.

Chil

Greeny_SA

Likes Dirt
Hey,

I applied back on the 06-12-2011. Screwed up the app (didn't write enough) and have been waiting to re-apply since, but the old one has been stuck there, not moving. Looking forward to doing it again, but, longer this time.

Cheers,

Greeny.

stackcheddar

Likes Bikes
I found that the text box also had a character limit which made it very difficult to write a properly structured paragraph with sufficient enough information required in the application process.
I am also finding a character limit on the Join Request text box - I can barely fit two sentences in. I see other users have been having this issue as well. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
It's currently set at 200 characters. We're not after an essay. "I have read the rules and will play nice" will suffice.

xaymaca

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

Following up my trading access request. I couldn't fit much in, as mentioned above, but hopefully I got the message across that I will be a good boy!

If this could be looked into that would be great. Have already bought things from the Trader Section via private message!

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi guys - what's the go regarding a WTB ad wanting to swap a not bike for a bike?
In this case, I have a Dirt Bike I don't use and want to swap for an AM rig (+ cash adjust). That kosher?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Sorry Cam-o, you can't do it. If we don't keep it strictly cycling related then we'll open up a door for all sorts of Hong Kong imports of stupid flat brim hats.

Mr Bungle

Likes Bikes
Hi I applied for access on 03-04-2012 at 12:22 PM...any hope that I can either get access or be able to apply again soon? cheers!

Also for those with the character limit - you are probably using Firefox as that's the issue I had. I tried Internet Explorer and found it worked fine and could enter as much text as i want.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I also am waiting for trading access acceptance, it would be greatly appreciated if I could be granted access to this privilege.

thanks so much moderators!!!

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Requests processed. I'm still amazed how many people clearly don't read the application before applying.

J.C

Likes Bikes
I've been applying for trading access for several years now and never received a response. I'm unsure as to why. I respect the rules of the forum. I've never had a run-in with anyone. I've read the instructions and sent my request (over 20 times now), but nothing ever comes of it. My last two applications have been a straight copy 'n' paste of the suggested text. I buy and sell a lot of gear on the site but need to have a friend post the adverts for me.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Perhaps my applications are disappearing into the ether for some reason?

Regards

Josh.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I did some applications today. I think it is the first time I've seen basically one hundred percent correct criteria and good applications. If you didn't get in this round then you must be a muppet as I was very obliging. ;)

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It cannot be that hard, if I can scrape in with my excellent spelling. I think I spent 4 hours on google when writing out my application Ha Ha

Has this site been going since 82? Just happened to see Scott's join date. JEESUS aint i a newbie...

driftking

Wheel size expert
I've been applying for trading access for several years now and never received a response. I'm unsure as to why. I respect the rules of the forum. I've never had a run-in with anyone. I've read the instructions and sent my request (over 20 times now), but nothing ever comes of it. My last two applications have been a straight copy 'n' paste of the suggested text. I buy and sell a lot of gear on the site but need to have a friend post the adverts for me.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Perhaps my applications are disappearing into the ether for some reason?

Regards

Josh.
Did you read the trading access page about applying thoroughly or did you skip it. It clearly states the following.

"Trading requests are usually processed at least once a week. If you are a successful applicant, you will find in your user profile page, there will be a small box on the right hand side, underneath the "Mini Statistics" and "Friends" boxes, that says "Group Memberships". Under that is a subheading with "Public User Groups", and if you have trading access you will see "Trading Access" displayed under this subheading. If you don't see this, or any box with "Group Memberships" there, you do not have trading access. You will NOT be notified by PM or email as to the status of your application."

I also just went into your public profile and you have trading access. So you have been given access.

Last edited:

todd28

Likes Dirt
As with the previous people when applying for trading access the box does not let me reach the 200 character limit. I understand that it should keep expanding as I type but for some reason it wont. For example this is what Typed and where it cut out:

"Hi
Gaining trading access will be a privilege and will not be taken for granted or abused. I have read all the rules and promise to play nice.
I will not use SMS language nor will I bump more than"

If this could be fixed or if I can apply by an alternate way it would be greatly appreciated.

AngryDave

Likes Bikes
I am also finding a character limit on the Join Request text box - I can barely fit two sentences in. I see other users have been having this issue as well. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks
It's currently set at 200 characters. We're not after an essay. "I have read the rules and will play nice" will suffice.
This states that a "properly structured paragraph" is required. If I tried to pass off >200 characters as a paragraph in school I would have been shot. I understand that trawling through trading access applications must be fairly tedious, but come on. My initial application that I typed out was far more entertaining than the "I have read the rules and will play nice" answer I had to give.

Can we at least up it to 500 characters. Give the real applicants some space to make their case and form a proper paragraph, and the idiots a bit more space to further display why they should not be allowed to trade/breed/breathe. The examples of what not to do needs some new fodder :lol:

Random laser :laser:

ozdavo

Likes Dirt
Sorry shouldn't post here while drinking, but even in my state I can read the WHOLE how to gain trading access post... If you read it, it's idiot proof!

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

Last edited: