VIC Trail building work - Yarra Ranges

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hard to describe how much I want to apply after a day of pumping out and digging around a septic tank for $10 an hour less than that

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very interesting, I can't imagine where they would be utilising such roles? With the Warby project still on hold!
No other projects I know of, unless they will be sprucing up Lysty, but YR shire is only half of that.

Unless they consider the Rail trail from Yering - Healsville - Woori Yallock to be 'Mountain bike trails'

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very interesting, I can't imagine where they would be utilising such roles? With the Warby project still on hold!
No other projects I know of, unless they will be sprucing up Lysty, but YR shire is only half of that.

Unless they consider the Rail trail from Yering - Healsville - Woori Yallock to be 'Mountain bike trails'
I had the same thought.

Possibly they are employing people to tidy up Silvan & Warburton existing trail network?
It seems odd

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So does anyone know who ended up getting these jobs and what they are working on?
Well I think I happened across the result of this last night.
They have put through a full upgrade on the little skills trail at Lilydale lake.
Its still only half finished but has had a heap of berms and rollers build in the flatter parts of the trail and rock armour in the soggy bits. And to top it all off a bit of a jump line as well.

Interested to see what the result is on the 2nd half which has a bit more slope to it!
I've got some video of it but instagram is not playing nicely for me at the moment lol.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Well I think I happened across the result of this last night.
They have put through a full upgrade on the little skills trail at Lilydale lake.
Looks like what Andy from Fyxo has been working on - have been lots of videos on his Insta of them riding through it on an adaptive 4-wheeler handcycle.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good news for one of your faves @Chriso_29er - they’re starting on a Hey Hey My My refurb having finished at Lilydale. Smart moves by Yarra Council, seems like they’re putting some time and effort into all the existing trails while the Warby project drags out.
Nice one, just hope they don't go too crazy on it and keep a bit of its old school charm.