Trail dogs

stirk

Burner
I've always loved mongrels with shaggy hair, scruffy looking.

If I had a whippet I'd have to call it Devo!

stirk

Burner
As did my mate. :third:
They are a super clean dog, mud and water seems not to stick to them. Great feature also.
I bet shit sticks to em especially just after they have a bath.

You're not trying to offload one are you?

Great feature indeed, are you in real estate?

moorey

call me Mia
I bet shit sticks to em especially just after they have a bath.

You're not trying to offload one are you?

Great feature indeed, are you in real estate?
Hell no. Now for the bad news...they run so fast they are frequently injured. I'd advise pet insurance.
2 recent incidents.

Attachments

nathanm

Eats Squid
what happened with the Muzzle incident Moorey? Dog lacerations always look extreme as unlike humans they don't have that layer of fat.

stirk

Burner
Hell no. Now for the bad news...they run so fast they are frequently injured. I'd advise pet insurance.
2 recent incidents.
Woah that's some bad injury's!
Is that cause they go faster than they can slow down and avoid crashing into stuff!?

If you have two or more I can see they'd be fighting while running not paying attention boom! Into a tree!!

moorey

call me Mia
Woah that's some bad injury's!
Is that cause they go faster than they can slow down and avoid crashing into stuff!?

If you have two or more I can see they'd be fighting while running not paying attention boom! Into a tree!!
They only look at what they are chasing, not what's in front. Aside from the above, there was the inpaling and the chest opening.

Awesome dog, but.

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
Future Trail Dog

A few months ago we picked up our little Hungarian Vizsla - Horus.
Hopefully he'll be an awesome trail dog when he's old enough. I've done a few bush walks with him off-leash and he's pretty good at coming when called and not roaming too far from me. His main problem is that he thinks everyone wants to be his friend and tries to meet every stranger we come across - dog, cat, bird or person. I'm a bit worried about snakes because he's so inquisitive.

8 weeks;

Now about 5 months;

CourseOut

Likes Bikes
Nice looking dog BLKFOZ

My dog is a bit the same, I have the same worry about snakes as well. If you can train him to come on command, even when he is nose down chasing something, you shouldn't have a problem. My dog seems to have worked out that if I say the "NO" command he needs to take a few steps back. Then he waits for me to come and either grab him or remove whatever he is having a go at.

nathanm

Eats Squid
dogs sends the jumps better than I do.

Thought I'd stick the go pro on the seatpost so I could see what my two get up to. Makes for some pretty cool footage.

Now I've just got to work out how to protect their paws a little, as it seems either one of them seems to get a bit swollen after rocky rides.

[video=youtube;hM3nw8G3_Go]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM3nw8G3_Go&feature=youtu.be[/video]

moorey

call me Mia

Thought I'd stick the go pro on the seatpost so I could see what my two get up to. Makes for some pretty cool footage.

Now I've just got to work out how to protect their paws a little, as it seems either one of them seems to get a bit swollen after rocky rides.

[video=youtube;hM3nw8G3_Go]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM3nw8G3_Go&feature=youtu.be[/video]
That's WAAAAY closer than I ever wanted to get to your crutch :fear:

stirk

Burner

Help dogs paws you need a fat bike and ride on the beach only or tell em to harden up.

Cool video, let's see some more trail dogs in action!

I wonder if moorey's whippets whip his ass on the trail...

frank_n

Likes Dirt

Nice, the doggies were cruising by the looks of it.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Nice, the doggies were cruising by the looks of it.
They've ridden a few times now so starting to work out when to conserve energy, the girls smarter as she drops back and doesn't max out unlike the boy, Kona, who just goes flat strap from start to finish. After the second jump they were starting to max out, about 28 km/h is as fast as they get.

I've got another 20 or so minutes in which I drop them by a couple of hundred metres at a time. I'm amazed at how they both quickly catch up and how they remember exactly where the trail goes.