trail maintance of the outlook gold coast qld

Hi there,to all those riders out there who know of and have riden the outlook on the gold coast,hopefully everbody would appreciate the amount of work that has gone into this track,a huge amount of this is due to a cpl of guys whos names are with held but most people know who they are.The main reason of this thread is to put out a call for as much help as poss to keep this track up to its hi standards but due to the excessive use and mainly only 2 guys maintaining it has become a little run down in places.What we are after is to see how much interest there is in maybe once a month on a certain set date we meet for a track maintance day,we were thinking about 3 hours of your time and with all the extra help we would be able to maintain a few things alittle more.so If you would like to leave a message on here and let us know if you are keen we can start at looking at maybe putting up a date for the maintance,all the help we can get would be a huge help.

J

JaRedy

Lots of people would be happy to do it, perhaps get in contact with Nerang cycles and they can inform Lots of riders, or give you the means of doing so.
The main guys behind maintaining and modifying Outlook will know heaps of guys...ask them to try and get something organised too...that's if they want to.

Stinky 06

Likes Bikes
Happy to put my hand up to help.

May want to try and get in contact with the builders so we don't change anthing they may want to build in the future or are in the process of building.

Letting Nerang cycles is a good idea, but a few guys I ride with coem down from brissie. So maybe also post up a build/ride day as well.

921812.yr10

Likes Dirt
yeah id love to help
i know a heap of guys who would come out as well and do a bit of work.
mega props to the builders of outlook
how did they build the big three set up the top?

sickdogmadrash

Likes Dirt
i can name at least 5 people i know who would be willing to have a dig. most of the tally boys will come for a dig if we set a date.

Hay thanks guys for your replys as to asking the builders if they need help thats all good i am one of the main builders.I have been spending most of my time of late on the old north shore line and the new burm into the wall ride.Any feed back on your thoughts on any inprovments you can think of is welcome.As for the dates on the track maintance there will be a sign on a tree at the top of the track with a date and we will try to keep that a set weekend after that.As everybody knows its been raining alot of late and the track is very wet,so if you happen to ride please repair any damage to track as much as poss that would be awsome.And a word out to the 2 young guys who have put in some time lately thanks for your help it is apprectiated.

J

JaRedy

Do you want to post up a timetable on farkin?
You dont nescessarily need to let heaps of people know before you start a schedual. You can just start one and eventually more people will catch on.

Viv92

Eats Squid
Could it be better to keep this to PM's?

Either way, I'm a regular there (or at least used to be) so I'd be good with lending a hand once in a while.

sickdogmadrash

Likes Dirt
it doesnt have to be pm probably, because no details will be spread about the track location but just times of when we organize a dig. if people know where it is and are a local and ride it often and are free that weekend then they can lend a hand. simple

F1234K

Likes Dirt
Hey dudes, firstly awesome job on the track. It rocks!

I am from Sydney, but I have had a repair dig there once already as I come up every 3-5 months for a ride there and can appreciate the effort as I am a builder myself too.

Next time I'm up I'll give a PM and see if there is a dig day and I'll help. Generally if I'm there by myself I just fix the lips of kickers or fill them in a bit if they have gotten a groove ridden into them so it doesn't change the track.

sickdogmadrash

Likes Dirt
any update of when we will have a build day? it will probably have to be after the sunshine series otherwise there wont be much of an turnup

Hay there thanks again for the replys.The track has taken a real hammering with all this rain and riders but has held up not to badly over all.We were thinking of march 21st on a saturday we will put a sign up the top of the track that day saying track closed till the maintance finished then enjoy the fresh track.There are a cpl of big plans for a step up to drop in to bowl into berm before the wall ride,to get on to the northshore step up will be on the little road gap jump that has just been made wider so there will be the 2 line options so any big palets or timber that anybody knows of that could be dropped off at the bottom or where i could pick it up from would be awsome.So as for the maintance date let us know on whos keen.cheers

sickdogmadrash

Likes Dirt
Hay there thanks again for the replys.The track has taken a real hammering with all this rain and riders but has held up not to badly over all.We were thinking of march 21st on a saturday we will put a sign up the top of the track that day saying track closed till the maintance finished then enjoy the fresh track.There are a cpl of big plans for a step up to drop in to bowl into berm before the wall ride,to get on to the northshore step up will be on the little road gap jump that has just been made wider so there will be the 2 line options so any big palets or timber that anybody knows of that could be dropped off at the bottom or where i could pick it up from would be awsome.So as for the maintance date let us know on whos keen.cheers
ill be there for the 21st of march. ill have a talk to the talley boys and im pretty sure most of them will be more than happy to lend a hand. what do you need us to bring? shovels or wood or what? (one of the fellas out talley valley owns a sawmill so wood might be an option from there. ill maybe ask for some offcuts that we may use).

MTB MAD

Likes Dirt
iam also happy to help 21st sounds great and what tools do we bring shovels wheelbarrows pics axes?????????

DH_Doc

Likes Bikes
Maintenance help

Mate,

I've ridden there briefly just last week after finally finding it.

I can appreciate the amount of work that has gone into that track and I would also be more than willing to help out with whatever is required (can probably bring some mates who are also into riding to assist as well).

21st sounds good.......happy to bring some stuff with me (even if drinks, some nibbles to keep people going).......

Oh yeh, can supply IV drips if someone gets too dehydrated whilst working! hahahaha

Hay guys thanks for all the messages in turning out to help maintain the track. I thought if everybody could bring along a shovel or a pick that would be great and dont forget the most inportant thing your bike. So the plan would be meet at the top at 8am,then organise the plan of attack from there, we would like to do about 2 or 3 hours work then ride after that. While we are building the track will be closed. so once done with the track maintaince we can do some shuttle runs

sickdogmadrash

Likes Dirt
Hay guys thanks for all the messages in turning out to help maintain the track. I thought if everybody could bring along a shovel or a pick that would be great and dont forget the most inportant thing your bike. So the plan would be meet at the top at 8am,then organise the plan of attack from there, we would like to do about 2 or 3 hours work then ride after that. While we are building the track will be closed. so once done with the track maintaince we can do some shuttle runs
well i was able to help until the sunshine series rd1 at kenilworth. i dislocated my shoulder and fractured a growth plate in my shoulder so cant really move it from the side of my body :( will help if it was like in a month's time then i might be able to swing a shovel but still no riding for like 3 months :( which is fucked!!

Hey there,
next weekend is the dig day so would be great to see as many shovels and picks as possible from 8 till about 11 then get to ride.

We have been busy over the last cpl of weeks due to the rain and lack of riding but, the line from the big roll in is riding well but ask if you can wait till next weekend to ride this line as its very soft in places and the
new jumps will need to harden before use.

As for the progress on the council situation we are still waiting on why they want to pull it down one reason being its meant to be a conservation park.Funny they say that as at the bottom of the track at the pick up point it says on a big sign with Kirrabilli park, this is a childrens play ground for everybody to enjoy and was donated to the council for everybody to enjoy.I still feel like a big kid.

so hope to see you next weekend and we would like to talk about getting a petition going to save the track and front the councill as a alliance and not just as a cpl of guys out in the bush building.