NSW Trail Maintenance - Royal National Park

stinky 510

Likes Dirt
when is the next trail maintenance day in the RNP? i rode loftus a few weeks ago and it is shit out there! have been avoiding it since...

im free this sat morning if we can get a few out there and the rain holds off

i can do a week day morning next week if that suits , wed or thur mornings im free

abevern

Likes Dirt
Well, its 3rd Saturday trail maintenance this weekend and it looks like it'll be going ahead, just waiting on confirmation of supervising ranger.
9am in the Carpark off Farnell Ave, as usual.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, its 3rd Saturday trail maintenance this weekend and it looks like it'll be going ahead, just waiting on confirmation of supervising ranger.
9am in the Carpark off Farnell Ave, as usual.
Edit: I am not sure if I can make it now. I am not 100% at the moment and will decide in the Morning.

Last edited:

G-Tech

Squid
Went for a ride today, so glad to see RNPS has closed off the Temptation creek single trail

Awesome trail and I will miss riding it, but was getting way too trashed

Hopefully it will reopen and be built to handle the amount of riders that go through Loftus

willsy01

Eats Squid
I can't see anything there that says trails are closed? I just can't have a bbq or build a fire it would seem.....

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Its changed from when I posted it.

Full park closures coming tomorrow anyway. I will post details when I get them.

Last edited:

Wildchild426

Likes Bikes
Any more word on midweek build days? As said before, I'd be keen to get involved with those considering my Sat morning schedules.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
I'm sorry to say its unlikely to happen for a little while, there are a large number of staff away fighting bushfires at the moment and the next couple of months are busy in terms of the sheer number of visitors to the park. If I get a sniff of a chance to help for a day I will post here but I am working another job a the moment and don't have a lot of spare time.

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
I can't do weekend mornings either, but would be keen to di some building Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday moornings...

dcrofty

Eats Squid
EOI for trailwork day Thursday 16th October?

Hi,

Could people please express their interest here for a trailwork day on Thursday 16th October?

Since there hasn't been a work day for a while it might be best to do a bit of an inspection of the network but if people really have good suggestions of a problem area that needs work at the moment post here and it will be considered

Crofty

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am Interested but will confirm closer to the date if I can make it. What time are you thinking? Why not make it a ride?

willsy01

Eats Squid
Can't make it being a weekday......but based on my limited trips out there lately, it's in pretty good shape.

There has been some trail faries out there taking care of things.......they've fixed up the southside descent a bit (drainage mainly) and blocked/brush matted next to the log roll at the bottom that everyone was going around. I dare say they've been doing work on Holy Trail too.

I'm going to struggle my way around there after work so i'll keep an eye out for any sections that need attention.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
Hey crofty, what time are you thinking ?
I noticed this morning one of the entries to the single track ,just near the lights at the intersection of princess Hway and Rawson Ave is blocked by a fallen tree, so that's first on my to do list, I also did a bit of drainage work through that bit of single when we had all that rain, but there is still a bit more to do to make it "all weather"proof ...........
and yes I know it's National Park and it could be considered unsanctioned work but.............
If we all sit around like stale bottles of piss waiting for Someone else to come along and fix it, then these trails will end up
un rideable........ Just incase someone gets their knickers in a knot about the work :becky: