NSW Trail Maintenance - Royal National Park

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did a bit of this back in the day and a lot of the work then focused on the same areas trying to fix the same issues. There were some good improvements made and some other stuff that did not really work. I rode those trails today and it was the first time in years. Lots of sections are now super wide and there were heaps of new tracks I have not ridden. I presume these are informal trails.
It would be great to see something up and running again but I think some funded trail crews are needed first to meet the needs of riders and then volunteers would be good to maintain it.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
Guy's there has been a recent push (once again ) by a couple of locals to engage the RNP in conjunction with a new plan of management to get something going again, as per all other attempts made, this looks promising one day and then stalls the next (anyone say covid) for anyone who has gone down this path before including myself, you will know the there are a lot of hoops to jump through, not just from rnp but also other user groups who are opposed to mountain biking in any shape in the park.....
So short answer is .......no not at the moment..

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Guy's there has been a recent push (once again ) by a couple of locals to engage the RNP in conjunction with a new plan of management to get something going again, as per all other attempts made, this looks promising one day and then stalls the next (anyone say covid) for anyone who has gone down this path before including myself, you will know the there are a lot of hoops to jump through, not just from rnp but also other user groups who are opposed to mountain biking in any shape in the park.....
So short answer is .......no not at the moment..
I thought it was always the national park refusing to engage. Never thought other users would oppose it big time. Big shame. We can and should be nice to each other and share the park. Alas..