trailers at fellcreg

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
ok who's bike got really mangally damages at fellcreg cause of the trailers ,and well the track up as well.
i wasn't even using my bike but i still got pissed off cause of the damage to it.
now my question is how much dose one of the trailers that they use at mt bueaty and all of the nsw state rounds set people back. the one that are crank mounted and don't move an inch . cause this would set everyones mind at esae that there bike is going to be in one peace at the top.thoughts anyone.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn't race at fellcrag, but I did get to see the bikes in the back of the trailers heaps of times...and well...if the hill wasnt so damn steep i woulda pushed back up. Those bikes on the back were getting some serious air.

phsyco Miko

Likes Dirt
i walked up a couple of times because i was getting no runs in and i wasnt the only one

and my bike was getting mangled

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
yeah the turn around was a peace of shit for a 2 min track. it was about 40 min to an hour.now that crap. yeah i push 2 time just to half track cause of the wait. but yeah good track bad axcess

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
from a spectators point of view it was bad cause it was one hell of a walk up to that top gap jump. and it was hella hot

belly_up

Likes Dirt
the only problem with the crank based ones is that a) it messes up yyour nice shiny cranks big time, especially alloy cranks, and b) a lot of the newer DH and freeride cranks are pretty bloody huge, and it's hard to make a mounting slot that fits the largest cranks, whilst still firmly holding normal sized cranks. I don't know what the solution is though, i'm thinking about it...

lindsay

Likes Dirt
A crank held bike trailer will fit all types of cranks except some cro-mo ones. They overcame this at the oceanias by making a larger holder that slid over the existing one. You can stop your crank getting trashed by sliding part of an old tube over it or taping it up. These trailers are the easiest to build and work the best.

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
some good old well placed sticks help the travel of the cro-mo bmx ones.yeah lindsay hit it with the tube in the slot most of them have that any way.
and that contraption that was used at fellcreg looks harder to build then the crank mounted ones. a high sided trailer with cardboard boxes between the bikes would have caused less damage then the ones the used. oh well