Trails at Big Hill Mt. Beauty

cicot

Likes Dirt
I am planning my summer trip to Mt.Beauty and although on OSM there are few trails, I could not find any description on the net.
Can somebody suggest me some nice descending singletrails at Big hill? Even better if you have a gps, as my understanding is that there is only a partial signage in place, but I might be wrong.

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Your best bet is to try and find a friendly local to show you around. Big hill Mtb park is a labyrinth of trails and there are almost no concessions to newcomers apart from one signed blue loop. It is good though, after you've been a few times and can work out where the hell you are ... :)

I will be up there from Jan 18th or so till the 30th Jan. Would be more than happy to show you around if you’re there then. I am not a local but have been going there for the last 10 years 3-4 times a year. As hungrytiger said, it really is a labyrinth of trails and the Blue Loop takes in a few of the many trails. You can’t really get lost as if you head downwards you’ll end up back on the Bogong High Plain Rd at some point.
Will also be riding Falls Creek to check out the new trails and hopefully getting to Thredbo for a couple of days for the first time after dropping the wife and kid off in Albury to catch the train back to Melbourne!

cicot

Likes Dirt
I will be up there from Jan 18th or so till the 30th Jan. Would be more than happy to show you around if you’re there then. I am not a local but have been going there for the last 10 years 3-4 times a year. As hungrytiger said, it really is a labyrinth of trails and the Blue Loop takes in a few of the many trails. You can’t really get lost as if you head downwards you’ll end up back on the Bogong High Plain Rd at some point.
Will also be riding Falls Creek to check out the new trails and hopefully getting to Thredbo for a couple of days for the first time after dropping the wife and kid off in Albury to catch the train back to Melbourne!
Unfortunately I'll be there just 3 days between the 26th Dec and the 29th, trying to squeeze in as much as my legs and ba ck can take.
1st day mystic bike park
2nd shuttle day at falls creek
3rd big hill

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
3rd year running for me, will be at the beauty campsite from 26th of Jan for a few days.
Good luck with your trip cicot.