Trails in the Pilbara

Just wondering if anybody has been riding in the Pilbara region of WA. Freeride/All Mountain tracks. There are some hills behind Karrratha , does anybody have some more track locations. I looked on the internet but there is zero information about tracks.

Cheers

benronpro

Likes Bikes
Just wondering if anybody has been riding in the Pilbara region of WA. Freeride/All Mountain tracks. There are some hills behind Karrratha , does anybody have some more track locations. I looked on the internet but there is zero information about tracks.

Cheers

Hey there the forge,I've had to move to shitty Newman from Marg river for a stint,been here over a year and been searching for some downhill.There's not many high hills around town and this time of year you have to be up at 5 in the morning to avoid being incinerated,but i have found a couple short sweet runs in the area.Off work and the bike for six weeks cause of a stack that busted my arm,get in touch if u wana know more info mate..

lachhyy

Likes Bikes
nar man there is nothing behind those shitty hills we have been trying to find good djs for a while but they get recked

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not DH, but I started building/clearing singletrack and building step downs/steeps @ Redbank in Port Hedland whilst up there many years ago. May have been bulldozed since or access restricted? Basically, turn left when heading from South H to Port H near the Salt Farm and follow the road past the Landscaping Supplies place until you come to a large area of spoil (dredged from P.H. Harbour and dumped @ Redbank). Had some technical sections and about 2km of sweeping single track made by hand. Could get some decent speed happening through some sections and on some corners, plus some NS style skinnies etc

Only 3 of us used to build/ride there, and those guys have left the area too.

I hear ya, the road up to the water tower/lookout get very boring. I used to dig in the huge open drains and make some nice kickers to pass the time.
Like I said, may well have gone. Closer to home, contact the bike shop in Karratha, they may help. There used to be a MTB club up in Karratha

Last edited:

benronpro

Likes Bikes
Theres a heaps of massive mountain ranges out of town(Newman),over a km high,.Problem is access,even tracks to drive in,it's all virgin bush i.e spinifex and red rocks .I tried clearing tracks before but busted all the garden tools i had!If there was a way to build good trails here it would be the best riding in wa for sure..:rolleyes:

Karratha MTBers

Cannon Fodder
Yep the trails are were we make them

Cheers
Hey we have now opened a facebook page look for karrathamtbers@mail.com We have regular rides and trail building days they will be posted on the facebook page Karratha MTB.