train fines! please move to off topic!

train tickets!
after riding at OBR today i was slogged with a 5,000 cent fine for not having a ticket, i know i was in the wrong,(who'da thunk transits would be checking MTB'ers tickets between lapstone and blaxland? caught me by surprise!:p ) anyway the transit was really nice and explained how to get out of it, but he said i would need a good excuse, any idea's? my excuse was that that train came in and i had to jump on, with out having time to buy a ticket, which was true... the first run, the second run i spent all my money on mac shak!

if this is in the wrong area i am very sorry! please move if so!

Last edited:
H

>Henry

Probs best off to be moved into Off Topic I'd say.

On the other hand you could say you lost your wallet and it had your ticket in it?

EDIT: Or just pay the $50 fine..

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
I got a $162 fine for riding on a train platform, and I was wearing a helmet too.
Just pay the fine :rolleyes:

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
These days in Sydney when i go up for trips. I catch the South Coast train down to Wollongong From Sutherland Station.

Sutho stations Ticket machine never ever accepts notes.
So i just get on, lines always big at the booth.
Train arrives so its to late.

If you have ticket machines. Try that excuse.

Was your fault but, probly should of got one !

bellto

Likes Dirt
Agreed. Don't come crying to Farkin looking for excuses for when you screw up.
dude, he's not crying, he wants some farkin imput.;)

i reckon you should go with the didnt have time option, or, you could say (like above) that you lost your wallet, and order a new bank card (only cost like 5 dollars, plus you get the latest picture on it) and keep the paper work from that for back up.

lol, its alot of work, perhaps it is easier to pay.

Plow King

Little bit.
Yeah, I got slogged 150 bucks for not having a concession card. Man up and pay the fine when you didn't actually pay for a ticket in the first place.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Meh. Off topic I know but I recieved a $113 fine for parking in a loading zone.

Apparently just having your hazards on just doesnt cut it.

Whats worse is, my mate got a $200 speeding fine a week later. How does that work? $87. He was going almost 130km/h faster then my illegally parked car!

Just pay it. Nothing worse then people trying to wriggle out of things like this when they admit themselves that they were wrong.

Just out of interest, for Melbourne commuters, who can relate the likes of the ticket inspectors to the Gestapo? I swear, when they come striding into the carrage, complete with ankle length trench coats and the meanacing smile, I certainly get a chill. I just pray they dont remove my fingernails with pliers for having a bent ticket or something.

op_shop

Likes Dirt
Yeah, they gave me no way out, i pretended i had lost my wallet (even put on a panic and frantically looked for it) but they didnt buy it =[ bastards!

op_shop

Likes Dirt
Meh. Off topic I know but I recieved a $113 fine for parking in a loading zone.
At least your weren't in a Clearway after 4pm!!!! On top of that i got my ute towed =D

Just out of interest, for Melbourne commuters, who can relate the likes of the ticket inspectors to the Gestapo? I swear, when they come striding into the carrage, complete with ankle length trench coats and the meanacing smile, I certainly get a chill. I just pray they dont remove my fingernails with pliers for having a bent ticket or something.
I hate it sooo much and get scared even when i do have a ticket =[

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
At least your weren't in a Clearway after 4pm!!!! On top of that i got my ute towed =D
Funny you should mention that. At uni, essentially the only free spaces are out the front and that is a clearway after 4pm. Apart from fines/towing, Id be clearing my car pronto for fear of some twat plowing into the back of it.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Obviously, you didn't use the "I no speak Engrish" ... "wah, I no have id" ... "my name be Richard Lee ... 5 Maluka Place Kingsgrove 2208 ... *insert your own details as appropriate.

This sometimes ends up with me in Villawood ... but hey ... my fault for being a tight arse

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
I got a $162 fine for riding on a train platform, and I was wearing a helmet too.
Just pay the fine :rolleyes:
I got a $100 fine for riding down the traino stairs at high speed. They were watching the day before, stopped me and gave me a warning, the next day they were in ambush and fined me. I was told "Don't deny it, we have it on video". I asked for a copy of the video because I thought I'd hit the stairs with style the day before, but they wouldn't give it to me. Now that's mean. I also explained that to offset the cost of the fine I'd have to not purchase tickets for the following week. They didn't see the humour in that. But hey, Transit Officers are failed cops, and that's as low as you can get outside of politics.

And Nerf, I used the "Ja, no English..." line once, and they bought it hook, line and sinker!

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love getting on at unmanned platforms without ticket machines (ie Wondabyne).....Gives an awesome excuse and the next time your near a ticket machine you have just left :D

JoshyC

Likes Dirt
Im exactly the same, Even when I have a ticket theres always a thought in the back of your mind going, Shit I hope inspectors dont get on. But the thing that really spooks me is when 4 plain clothed inspectors come walking down the carriages, even with a ticket you still get that chill.