Trance 27.5 vs Sight 7.......

Klips

Likes Dirt
Norco has come through with a warranty front triangle. Yes, it's a 7.2 front triangle instead of a 7.1 (so the difference is the paint job) but they could have been dicks about it and weren't. Thanks Norco!

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Norco has come through with a warranty front triangle. Yes, it's a 7.2 front triangle instead of a 7.1 (so the difference is the paint job) but they could have been dicks about it and weren't. Thanks Norco!
What issue did you have with the front triangle? Carbon or Alloy?

ChopSticks

Banned
Good result!!
how much of a difference are we talking?

Klips

Likes Dirt
What issue did you have with the front triangle? Carbon or Alloy?
Shock mount cracked on carbon frame while reinstalling the original shock after failing to get the DBinline in because I'm a muppet and didn't notice it had pre-installed DU bushings. Only instance I can find of this happening while using a torque wrench.

Good result!!
how much of a difference are we talking?
this front:

this rear:

I'm assuming the dropper post has internal routing, otherwise I'm going to have to send it back as the 7.1 comes with the stealth dropper.

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bugger that might be a bit annoying with the colours and the fact that the Carbon 7.1 came without the front deraileur mount for the cleaner look.
At least they came through with warranty

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Shock mount cracked on carbon frame while reinstalling the original shock after failing to get the DBinline in because I'm a muppet and didn't notice it had pre-installed DU bushings. Only instance I can find of this happening while using a torque wrench.

As an owner of a 7.1c as well can I clarify exactly what happened?
I take it you pulled out the std shock while waiting for a DB inline that never arrived - yes?
When the DB line did not arrive you reinstalled the std shock but neglected to use the bushings/spacers in the bottom eye mount and in so doing squeezed the shock mounts together and cracked them?