Transition Patrol Carbon (Nomad Edition)

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sold the Nomad frame and put all the parts over.

Frame- Large with custom decals.
Fork- Pike 160
Shock- Tossing up between Float X2 or DHX2 with 350 spring (will write up my thoughts on the two later on)
Bottom Bracket- Sram
Rims- Light Bicycle 38mm hookless with 12k weave matte finish (found a crack in the front, and cracked a couple of rears)
Hubs- DT Swiss 350 straight pull, rear with XD driver
Spokes- Sapim cx-ray
Brakes- Saint M820, will be giving some Hope V4's a go shortly.
Rotors- 203mm front & rear, centerlock ice tech
Cranks- Sram X01, 170mm
Chain guide- Shovel Carbon
Cassette- Sram X1
Rear derailler- Sram XO1
Shifter- Sram XX1 with Problem solver adapter to fit Shimano Saint lever.
Chain- KMC 11SL Black
Headset- Canecreek
Stem- Enve 40mm
Handlebars- Enve 800mm DH
Seat post- KS 150
Seat- Bel Air
Grips- ODI
Tires- XC/Trail riding DHR 2.3 and Minion SS 2.3, for gravity riding DHR 2.5WT and HRII.
Pedals- Xpedo Spry Flats w/ grub screws
Weight- No idea

Only had it on a couple of rides, still trying to get the shock dialed. Will do an update and Nomad comparison soon. Did some custom cable routing as I'm not a fan of the brake cable coming out the same side as the lever.

Future Mods: Long shock attempt, and hope four pot brakes in purple :)

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_7336.jpg

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
My goodness that is a bright ride. wow.

awesome work on the colour matchy matchy. enjoy riding the wheel off it. :thumb:

Flow-Rider

Burner
To scroll down and see a bike so bright was a big surprise but good on you for being different. Good to see someone going with the LB rims also. (shame about the crack)

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To scroll down and see a bike so bright was a big surprise but good on you for being different. Good to see someone going with the LB rims also. (shame about the crack)
Loved the Noamd colours and thought what the hell, they are only stickers, if it proves too ghey I can pull em off.

I copied and pasted the specs over (as they were all the same), I've since cracked 2 rims, I love the LB wheels, great for trail riding, but if I was living near a track with a rock gardens I'd prob run alloy rims. First rear crack was user dumbness, second one a clipped a rock at Stromlo, wouldn't of thought it would of cracked but it did. Need to pay more attention to tire pressure when rocks are around me thinks.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Damn that is one sweet looking bike. I showed a few guys in the office and they all thought it looked cool as well!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I'm a stealt diehard normally but damn, thats pretty cool. Love me a good tranny

Looking forward to the comparison.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
holy flipping cow patties!!:tsk:

I just spent some time on a patrol and admit its a awesome rig

Peel those stickers of son and re-enter the world as a man...

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Haha, maybe when the stickers peel off I'll re emerge a man!
Looked at the pic a few times this morning, the colour/decals is so spastic, its kinda awesome.

Really curious to hear some shock reviews, have a scout, pondering coil, can't be that different to a patrol.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, maybe when the stickers peel off I'll re emerge a man!
you'll be like norwegian viking manly

I'm into your long shock thinking tho but is 155 not enough?

Looking into long shocking a Scout right now, changing the stroke length from 51 to 57
may provide 10mm more plush

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you'll be like norwegian viking manly

I'm into your long shock thinking tho but is 155 not enough?

Looking into long shocking a Scout right now, changing the stroke length from 51 to 57
may provide 10mm more plush
Haha!
I'm mostly just curious how it'll be with long shocking and how 170 will feel, just got to find a used shock now. The shock is 6mm longer, so using two 3mm offset bushings should keep all the geo identical, the wheel will just travel and rocker will closer to the seat tube during g out, looks like it will clear everything but. If it doesnt work out I'll just happily use it at 155 :)

Had the Float X2 on it on the weekend, started feeling better with some tinkering. Getting some time on the coil this weekend, put in Fox's starting settings for the spring and wheel travel and it felt like a pogo stick, will do some fine tuning and see if I can get it feeling better :)

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took some pic's this morning, its looking good! Still struggling with setup a little, it's yet to blow me away like the Nomad did.

Attachments

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
LURVE the colours mate! sorry to bring up an old thread... but just wanted to know what you thought of the DHX2 coil on the Patrol?