AM Transition patrol carbon

mint355

Likes Dirt

Hey guys new build for this year...
Here is the frame will update when I get around to building it, its going to be GOOD!!
Fair bit if technology in this one such as
T.I.T.S
HTF
W.T.F
P.A.B.S.T

Here is the spec list

Frame - patrol carbon large
Rear shock - Fox Float x2
Front shock/fork - Fox Float 36
Handlebars - Renthal fatbar carbon
Stem - Renthal Apem 40mm
Headset - Cane Creek 40
Grips - odi
Saddle - SGD Formula FXR
Seatpost - KS Integra 150mm w/southpaw
Front brake -XTR m9020 180mm
Rear brake - XTR m9020 180mm
Cranks - XTR m9020 170mm
Chainguide - ONE up top guide
Chain - KMC 11sl
Pedals - XTR m9020/ Xpedo Spry
Rear derailleur - XTR m9000 midcage
Rear shifter - XTR m9000 I spec-II
Cassette - SRAM X01 ;)
Front hub - Hope pro2 evo 20mm
Rear hub - Hope pro2 evo 142mm
Front rim - Derby 40mm DH lay up
Rear rim - Derby 40mm DH lay up
Spokes - DT Swiss comp
Nipples - DT proloc brass
Tyres - Minion DHF/DHR2 wt
Total weight -13.25kgs

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Want some nice m785 brakes for it. Just got a nice set, but will sell them to you for a fair price.

Oh, and that patrol will be the shiz. Subscribed

mint355

Likes Dirt
Finished the build tonight bled the rear brake with the help of Zaf. Though he just wanted to look at it quick pedal around the court feels so stiff and #lovesbackwheel. Spec will change when parts come in waiting on a 180mm rotor for the rear. Cockpit wise its currently running 10mm riser renthals and probably go to some 30mm riser bars. Currently running a 40mm stem and could probably go a 50mm.

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

I had the good fortune of seeing this in person tonight. Pics don't do her justice!!!!
If you're not jealous, you really should be!!! It's an absolutely stunning frame, the forming around the chainstays is wicked as well, just these little subtle curves and lines that pop out and get caught by the light on the gloss finish.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
:nono:

Nopenopenope.

Ive gotta go for a ride on my reign and remind me all is good before i sell my kidney to fund a frame i dont need. Fml this forum is not good for my financial situation.

mint355

Likes Dirt
Got out for a small ride last night. I was worried at first giving up the climb switch on the Fox X2 rear shock but the patrol pedals pretty well anyways got a little bit of tuning to do but after a few runs its feeling pretty good.

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
The most upsetting thing about this thread is that is the exact build I want to do on the Patrol Carbon I am currently not able to buy/build.

Can we get a more comprehensive ride report when you've go things dialed in?

placebo

Likes Dirt
Swapped my CCDB air with a climb switch on my alloy patrol, and don't miss it. The patrol is a good climber, the fox is a great damper, the evol spring suits the patrols rate curve well, and you can dial in the low speed exactly where it suits you best with the fox.

mint355

Likes Dirt
Dragged a mate out today for some pics he is still editing them and just sent me some smaller res pics via sms