Transition Scout... any opinions?

toodles

Wheel size expert
Hi!

Anyone has one or ridden one that can share their opinion?

I've searched and came up with very little.

It ticks most of my boxes for a new bike. No metric shock on the 2017, but I can live with that.

Cheers!
Pretty stoked with mine after 16 months. Done about 2500kms on it, everything from 12 hour XC events (not really its strong point) to Enduros, longer XC rides, trail blasting, took it down to Derby, Hollybank and Hobart. Did the Port 2 Port with it, then the Stromlo DH track a day or two later. It really is a super versatile little bike and probably the most fun bike I've owned. It's poppy and playful and just a blast to ride.

It's a bit heavier than equivalent travel bikes from some other manufacturers, but rides like it has more travel and I think the stiffness and burly build is worth the extra weight.

Pretty tempted by the new carbon one now, but can't justify the cost and my aluminium one is still running flawlessly.

Warp

Likes Dirt
As interesting as this metric hoopla is, have you decided on getting one yet?
Not yet. I like that the aluminium one would not really break the bank. I could use my existing parts and wheels. Etc.
Problem? Effing standards changing every fortnight.... and those new Giants bikes that already come with all the new standards and are not far off from the Scout carbon Frame for a complete bike with solid spec.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It's a shame you can't test ride one against a giant. Rode a patrol vs my reign, difference was pretty noticable in frame stiffness, and just a more playful nature.

It's hard picking bikes now.