QLD Transition Smuggler 29er (medium) SOLD

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: 2016 Transition Smuggler SOLD
Location: Sunshine Coast - Could pack and send if really needed.
Item Condition: Used, but in good condition.
Reason for selling: Not being used.
Price and price conditions: $1900 (will consider selling as parts if frame goes first - $900 for frame)
Extra Info: I bought Frame (new) in mid 2017, minimal marks no dents or deep scratches. I would call it better than average. built it up and rode it once a week for around 6 months. then I pulled all the parts off it and wacked them on a steel hardtail frame. Sold the hardtail about a year or so later and got the Smuggler going again. That was about 6 months ago, I have since bought a cross country bike. The trails I ride and the speed I ride at these days doesn't call for a bike like the Smuggler. I am slowing down a bit these days (you will all be there one day :) ) It is a super well built frame. I bought the forks (120mm) used but serviced (from a bike shop) and with little use under them, the stanchions are perfect. They have limited total hours on them. The rest of the parts on the bike are used but function as meant to. The frame has an outer cable housing installed inside ready for a dropper post. It had a cheapy on it (Brand X), but it doesn't return all the way - you have to drag it back up with your thighs while riding. Easy enough to do but technically its' rooted :) The wheels (bought new) are dead straight and run smooth. A few tiny nics here and there, nothing over the top though. Some people run these bikes with up to 160mm forks (plenty of online info), I chose to build it up more low key. Frame is a Medium in size, but I found it a 'Bees dick' too big for my 167cm - although still quite manageable (I am a fussy little turd, and as always everyone has different tastes and requirements).I guess you can always dick around with stem lengths anyway :)
Any questions etc, please just PM. I will get back to you ASAP. Usually after work (weekday afternoons).
Pictures:
Yes

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Just working out if its going to fit me well at 178cm (posted in quick question thread)