Trap Focus Pictures

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yep, really bloody good. The lighting isn't over the top or distracting.

beeb

Also, curious on the the "trap focus" feature you mention, does it trigger the shot when it senses something moving into focus at a set focal point?

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
Also, curious on the the "trap focus" feature you mention, does it trigger the shot when it senses something moving into focus at a set focal point?
Yes exactly that. Works better with fast lenses because their DoF is much shallower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
So these photos were taken by a robot? Real crisp and some nice style too.
It’s just a different kind of camera trigger.

Glad you like them folks. I’m pretty happy with the results. It was really frustrating though until I started using the faster lens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice!
Taking selfies to a new level

Never heard of this function before... Goes of to read camera manual to see if its possible on my camera.

beeb

Magic Latern is an alternative operating system for a camera. It is 3rd party/user developed - so it is not supported by the manufacturer - but can enable a lot of additional features not found in the factory OS, such as with the "trap focus" shots here which use the autofocus system to sense when something comes into focus and then take a picture.

It is technically use at your own risk, but most of the more common D-SLR's supported would be pretty stable at a guess.