Trek Bicycles and 23 Degrees Announce Team Plans

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
23 Degrees Sports Management announced today that it will be returning to Mountain Bike World Cup racing in 2009 with a brand new team, with Trek Bicycles as a title sponsor.

Previous years have seen 23 Degrees win the many World Cup titles with their teams Global Racing, and most recently Team G Cross Honda, and the new team will have very similar goals.

Through this partnership, 23 Degrees will now be able to create a World Class MTB team with Trek Bicycles, a company which has a proven track record in producing the best racing machines in the world. The team will compete in the World Cup disciplines of downhill and cross country.

Trek's history of world class competition includes an impressive resume: 8 Tour de France wins, countless classics, multiple MTB World Cup wins, and an impressive array of endurance titles — all within the last decade.

23 Degrees Founder and CEO Martin Whiteley commented on the new partnership: "We're extremely excited to be part of Trek's ambitions for top level World Cup racing and results in 2009 onwards, and we're doubly excited to be returning to the race scene, one that has served our company well over the past 8 years".

Further details on the team, sponsors and rider line-up will be released at a later date once they are fully confirmed.

Direct enquiries to: info@23degrees-sports.com

Ivan

Eats Squid
NOICE!

No doubt the team will be professionally run with 23 Degree's on the scene, and hopefully Trek throughs copious money at the team.

Now let the e-speculation begin of who the riders will be. A certain rider comes off contract soon?????

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Rumors are Rumors....

Stoked about trek getting into the DH scene... All my bikes might start being cooler with the scene kids haha.

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
www.bikeradar.com/news/article/trek-to-sponsor-downhill-mountain-bike-team-in-2009-18004

"There are rumours that the team is talking to two-time world downhill champion Sam Hill and current women’s world downhill champion Rachel Atherton..."

money talks...

Elvis.
your on the money there, just found this on www . didthisonphotoshop . com/ ifyouthinkitsrealyouaresogullible

on a serious ironhorse is going down, trek is coming up, therfore sam will probably ditch the rocking horse and go with trek :D

Attachments

blayne&tim

Likes Dirt
I have said for a while that i thought Sam would go to trek. Why else would a company like trek spend so much on designing and building a new DH bike?

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have said for a while that i thought Sam would go to trek. Why else would a company like trek spend so much on designing and building a new DH bike?
Especailly when the Session 88 is fairly similar to the Sunday. Trek had a heap of money and I think it could be a go.

MATT.S

Likes Bikes
Will Sam keep his usual set up with the boxxers, sram kit, e-thirteen,fsa and funn? or will he switch to fox forks and running shimano?

anyway it's good to see a change in bike companies and so on.