Trek session 88

Jaxsta

Likes Bikes
hello farkiners
do any of you know anything about the trek session 88 like how it rides, price specs etc...

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
I think they're like 7000 US for the freeride and 8000 US for the DH or something.

They reckon they weigh 16.8kg's stock.
Personally I think thats bullshit, they have some good bits on them, but the big bits arent super light and 16.8 for DH bike is pretty light. Wheels and tyres they're running on them are not light, they probably run DH tubes stock aswell. Theres pretty much no way it could be 16.8kg unless the frame weighs about 2.5kg's and they are multiple linkage suspension designs, the frames could be that light.

Gotta agree they do look very nice though :D

GreenYellow

Likes Bikes
Pretty sure they're around $8000 US or something, and they reckon they're gonna weigh 16.8kg stock, which i find hard to believe with some of the parts they're running.

As for how they ride, Im not sure many people in Oz will know, I'm not sure if any have even gotten here yet.

fukachu

Likes Bikes
There is complete review in the latest (September?) issue of Dirt magazine uk magazine.

Quite a lot of discussion around wieght and spec that could be employed to make it lighter etc etc.

Last edited:

tc2233

Likes Dirt
I weighed one the other day they come in at 17.3 kgs
Where did you weigh that bike bcause a friend of mine has supposedly ordered one and the bike shop said it is likely to come in January. Is this true or is my friend bullshitting?

Tomas

my mum says im cool
They are in the country, and if you're keen on one, i'd pay a deposit some time in the next 10 days.