Troy Lee Designs Visors

Likes Bikes
does anyone know what shops have or can order TLD stingray Visors
(the silver ones) in around brisbane and a rough price
thanks

Jared

Yeti Cycles
nah sorry mate, youll be extremely lucky to find one these days, pity they stopped making them hey , they absoluutely kick ass, even tld themselves have none left now. but im sure thered be some kickin around somewhere, some shop with old stock, bring em back tld i say

CAM

Likes Dirt
stoped making them?? so cant u get those crome looking tld visors for a fullface anymore? damn i was wanting one of them.

Jared

Yeti Cycles
nah dont worry cam, you can still get chrome visors, just not stingrays..... which is a type of tld visor, they have bulk , like the moto ace, stinger, and now the orbit, im thinking your after the moto ace, youll have no probs getting them, but the stingray was and still is the best

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
PFFFFFT!! I don't care how good it may be, no helmet is "well worth" it for $800. I'd want a freaking holographic retina projector onboard it to help me lock onto targets for my laser guided missiles for that type o' coin! :p

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
bassmonkey said:
PFFFFFT!! I don't care how good it may be, no helmet is "well worth" it for $800 :p
Not trying to be a smart ass but how much do you think your head is worth!!! Agreed you don't need to go for a TLD, but some of those cheaper helmets out there (No names) are just shocking. If I didn't have health insurance, my medical bill would've been around $10000.

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
Not trying to be a smart ass but how much do you think your head is worth!!! Agreed you don't need to go for a TLD, but some of those cheaper helmets out there (No names) are just shocking. If I didn't have health insurance, my medical bill would've been around $10000.
Yeah, absolutely. Helmets are definitely something that you don't want to skimp on, but I still find the TLD prices a bit ridiculous.

What happened in the incident which woulda cost you 10K if you didn't have insurance?

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Tried a dumb jump and landed incorrecty sending me over the bars and using my chin as a brake on concrete. Broke my jaw in 3 places and smashed my 2 front teeth! ended up loosing 6 teeth because of that crash.
Quote from the movie Ronin.
Q: "what do you want for Christmas"?
A: "My 2 front teeth"!!!
Thought it was appropriate

Likes Bikes
Yeah i just had a look at the TLD site and i meant the Moto-Ace . are these available in brisbane

Jared

Yeti Cycles
yeah theyll be no prob getting ahold of, your lbs or wherever you shop should be able to help you out, if not try a moto store

curtisrider

Eats Squid
Squidly Didly said:
Tried a dumb jump and landed incorrecty sending me over the bars and using my chin as a brake on concrete. Broke my jaw in 3 places and smashed my 2 front teeth! ended up loosing 6 teeth because of that crash.
Quote from the movie Ronin.
Q: "what do you want for Christmas"?
A: "My 2 front teeth"!!!
Thought it was appropriate
Thats nasty :shock:

bazza

look at me
does anyone go no visor style??? i was for a while when we had our nice shaddy track but the one we use at the moment faces you into the sun on your arvo rides so its back to the visor. i just find it a pain when you crash...get thrased around more..and its heavier.