Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
He's actually not too wrong. The actual news coverage at Fox is factually accurate if somewhat biased. It's the nutty live broadcast talk shows that swing to the fringe right.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Where's OAN / Newsmax? Do they not even make the chart? Pretty harsh if Infowars gets a guernsey and they don't.

danncam

Likes Dirt
He's actually not too wrong. The actual news coverage at Fox is factually accurate if somewhat biased. It's the nutty live broadcast talk shows that swing to the fringe right.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Who created this? I'm not convinced the guardian, american ABC news are hyperpartisan. Maybe its weird because the USA's "centre" is not ours.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Susan Collins, a Republican senator of Maine, said she was “perplexed” by Castor, who is Trump’s lead lawyer, saying he “did not seem to make any arguments at all, which was an unusual approach to take”.

Day 1 of Trump's impeachment trial and his lawyers have made an ambitious start.
When the ship has already sunk then there isn't much point to keep bailing out any more.

moorey

call me Mia
Unfortunately, most GOP senators aren't ever going to impeach, and aren't even listening to the proceedings. At least the public gets to see this, and hopefully some punish their inaction.
I kinda hope it fails, Trump starts the Patriot Party, and decimates the GOP's base.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Unfortunately, most GOP senators aren't ever going to impeach, and aren't even listening to the proceedings. At least the public gets to see this, and hopefully some punish their inaction.
I kinda hope it fails, Trump starts the Patriot Party, and decimates the GOP's base.
100%

moorey

call me Mia
It will definitely come back to bite them on the bum, when he starts up his new party.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
That is certainly my dream.
It's ridiculous that people that enabled, supported and pushed his agenda that led to the insurrection were allowed to be his jurors.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That is certainly my dream.
It's ridiculous that people that enabled, supported and pushed his agenda that led to the insurrection were allowed to be his jurors.
Or even worse that Senators like Graham and Cruz were actively meeting with his defence team....

Whatever, they've shown an embarrassing paucity of foresight with this. They were gifted an opportunity on a platter to remove Trump and move forward. Now he'll always be there, arguably crippled but still sucking energy and resources away from their fight to regain power. McConnell has already admitted they're going to fighting brush fires everywhere stopping hardcore Trumpy candidates from dislodging Republicans in primaries - how much money and resources will that take up that's desperately needed to fight the Democrats? The lead up to the 2022 mid-terms are going to be a Republican fratricide, and that's assuming Trump doesn't wander off and start his own party.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
A conviction for impeachment will always be virtually impossible due to partisan politics.

What the process does do though, is show the voters just how grubby, self serving and corrupt their representatives are.

It will be interesting to see how many moderate Republican supporters turn out to vote in the mid-terms, or maybe even decide to vote Democrat.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Even without the partisan politics in the absence of a tweet asking his followers to go to the Capitol on the 6th and commit murder etc the impeachment was bound to fail.

The thought of Trump setting up a new party is nice but wont happen while he enjoys majority support from the Republican voters and big business. The Republican Senators will hitch their wagon to that train (wreck). Big business will stay loyal because Trumpy gave them what they wanted while he was in office.

The only hopes are that one of the many state based prosecutions has legs which seems unlikely even with Trump unlikely to have any credible defence support. Or that his health gets to a point where he is no longer able to carry on the facade of caring for America. I doubt his children will garner the support of the crowd. I also hope that any and all who are caught up in the whole Epstein thing get their just deserves as the paedophiles they are.

You have to remember without Covid it is very likely that Trump would be crowing now how he won an "historic" 2nd term and setting up the Trump Presidential dynasty with him driving whoever has the actual title.

The next 12 to 24 months will be interesting and I can only hope that Biden/Harris get enough done to right at least part of the ship. Covid is going to be a factor in the US (and the world) for at least another 12 months and how that plays out will be critical.

moorey

call me Mia
Even without the partisan politics in the absence of a tweet asking his followers to go to the Capitol on the 6th and commit murder etc the impeachment was bound to fail.

The thought of Trump setting up a new party is nice but wont happen while he enjoys majority support from the Republican voters and big business. The Republican Senators will hitch their wagon to that train (wreck). Big business will stay loyal because Trumpy gave them what they wanted while he was in office.

The only hopes are that one of the many state based prosecutions has legs which seems unlikely even with Trump unlikely to have any credible defence support. Or that his health gets to a point where he is no longer able to carry on the facade of caring for America. I doubt his children will garner the support of the crowd. I also hope that any and all who are caught up in the whole Epstein thing get their just deserves as the paedophiles they are.

You have to remember without Covid it is very likely that Trump would be crowing now how he won an "historic" 2nd term and setting up the Trump Presidential dynasty with him driving whoever has the actual title.

The next 12 to 24 months will be interesting and I can only hope that Biden/Harris get enough done to right at least part of the ship. Covid is going to be a factor in the US (and the world) for at least another 12 months and how that plays out will be critical.
Georgia has already announced they are charging him over the phone call asking for (demanding) the 11800 votes. They are apparently including evidence from the other states he tried to do the same with. It doesn't carry a huge jail term, but it's a pretty open and shut case, being all on tape.
I think it has legs.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Georgia has already announced they are charging him over the phone call asking for (demanding) the 11800 votes. They are apparently including evidence from the other states he tried to do the same with. It doesn't carry a huge jail term, but it's a pretty open and shut case, being all on tape.
I think it has legs.
He doesn't actually say the exact words that would mean it is clear cut, more implies I won that state, I need another 11,800 votes, find them rather than make up another 11,800 votes so I win. Semantics but important. I would love to see the shit stain go to gaol.

Oh and I wonder...

Be funny if someone made up a twitter name, say, Trumpgolfofficial and joined the maga etc sites. Then later post up to reward loyal magas (magates?) Trump golf courses will be hosting a day of free food and drink and golf and nominate the courses and a day...