Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

moorey

call me Mia
I really only knew Pete Rose as a name until Trump started pushing for him to be inducted into the Baseball hall of fame.
It’s sad that I felt the need to google what crimes he has committed.
Was not disappointed.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I really only knew Pete Rose as a name until Trump started pushing for him to be inducted into the Baseball hall of fame.
It’s sad that I felt the need to google what crimes he has committed.
Was not disappointed.
I'd like to use the surprised/shocked emoticon, but...

moorey

call me Mia
Warren has become a great disappointment to me. Wavering in universal health care, and now flipping on promise about taking corporate and super PAC money and doing big fundraisers.
Don’t get me wrong, she would be an excellent president, but my prediction for her to win was based on previous values. People who supported her are walking away the more she moves away from being progressive.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Warren has become a great disappointment to me. Wavering in universal health care, and now flipping on promise about taking corporate and super PAC money and doing big fundraisers.
Don’t get me wrong, she would be an excellent president, but my prediction for her to win was based on previous values. People who supported her are walking away the more she moves away from being progressive.
Let's face the facts. You are buying a 29er.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I want to believe this is fake news. Dear old Trumpy has certainly planted that seed and the more things get extreme the more it seems likely it is fake (while becoming the new normal)

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Would like anyone to beat Trump, another 4 years and it will take 10 years to clean up his mess.
He keeps spending on shit, the deficit is massive ,effectively they are still printing money inflating asset values , he is eroding democracy and narcissistic cry baby lying is the new norm.
Wish the Democrats would stop the infighting and just put up someone electable even if it is Bloomberg. , definitely not Warren or Sanders as Americans are too brainwashed and conservative ,no one could be worse than Trump.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Looks like Sanders is doing well.
would be a contrast the worst rightwing openly divisive president v Sanders the most leftwing candidate.
I cant believe any of the establishment eg billionaires , CIA , military ,big business would let Sanders win.
It would be like Allende in Chile = time for a coup.https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/allende-dies-in-coup

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks like Sanders is doing well.
would be a contrast the worst rightwing openly divisive president v Sanders the most leftwing candidate.
I cant believe any of the establishment eg billionaires , CIA , military ,big business would let Sanders win.
It would be like Allende in Chile = time for a coup.
I think that is a good comparison. While I am fairly certain he would be my preferred option, I just can't see America going for him. In an era where the meme is apparently a widely accepted form of information it's too easy to write him off as a dangerous communist that wants to eat your babies and burn your dog as offerings to his demon gods.

Attachments

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Dont want to know where those images are from but thats the sort of propaganda you are up against.
Universal health care , fairer taxes , fewer guns, less spent on the military and prisons = now thats some dangerous ideas.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Dont want to know where those images are from but thats the sort of propaganda you are up against.
Universal health care , fairer taxes , fewer guns, less spent on the military and prisons = now thats some dangerous ideas.
Google images for those ones, but I'd imagine that the social medias are going to be pumping it out rapidly.

Remember Mike Moore's doco "Sicko"? The bullshit idealistic propoganda thrown up against free health care was amazing. There was audio from Regan (pre-presidential) slandering it. Amazing that so many people could think free health care was akin to witchcraft and sodomizing domestic animals

moorey

call me Mia
Bernie will win the most delegate, but unfortunately the DNC has already stated they will nominate an establishment candidate instead, handing Trump another term. If Bernie gets over 49%, which is a big ask, they can’t do that, as I understand.
If he does, he will beat Trump. Most independents have already heard and seen through the propaganda.