Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

moorey

call me Mia
True, just like the trump collusion with Russia in 2016 was a disinformation campaign by killary/dems....

With Social Media companies censoring anything political now... Free Speech Is Dead

Party slander is par for the course in any government election....
Ummmmm.....little bit of false equivalency?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Worth noting that the so called “censoring” by the social media companies is entirely consistent with the US constitution. They’re private companies, they can do what they like here.

Free markets - don’t like their service, use something else ;)

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
I'm just stirring lol......

I don't give 2 hoots who gets elected....

If trump wins there will be violence, corruption, hidden agenda's
If biden wins there will be violence, corruption, hidden agenda's

It's a lose lose scenario for USA

moorey

call me Mia

You should. Effects us...let alone 65% of Americans who don’t deserve it.
Biden isn’t corrupt (by political standards). You’re drinking the kool aide. Trumps vision of Biden’s America is the America he’s brought on.
There’s a shit ton at stake here for everyone. Do you think that climate change action can afford to be delayed another 4 years...let alone put further back like is has been under Trump?
No, I’m not a Biden fan BTW, but there’s a big difference between the 2.

Haakon

Keeps on digging

That’s a lazy and simplistic assessment...

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Biden will be a perfectly fine president for the US, he’ll govern right down the middle, won’t alienate 40% of the voting public, won’t call the media the enemy of the people and won’t trash the institutions and alliances that have kept world wars at bay for 70 years. He’ll be a stable placeholder for 4 years until some better candidates come forward, if they come forward.

moorey

call me Mia
Biden will be a perfectly fine president for the US, he’ll govern right down the middle, won’t alienate 40% of the voting public, won’t call the media the enemy of the people and won’t trash the institutions and alliances that have kept world wars at bay for 70 years. He’ll be a stable placeholder for 4 years until some better candidates come forward, if they come forward.
I don’t think he plans to contest 2023 election.
I wasn’t at all big on Harris, but she’s growing on me...though she’s toned it down leading up to the election, not wanting to rock the boat. She was harder on Joe in the primary debates than on Pence.
Agreed with the above. I’ve said it numerous times, I think he’s a good human, but wasn’t the best candidate, though his approach to let Trump shoot himself is working well.
If he tries to work with the republicans, like Obama did, he’s screwed. Needs to use the power of the 2 houses to get shit done....and pack the Supreme Court, simply to get back to a level playing field....sadly, I can’t see him doing it. Too much work trying to halt covid and dig America out of the hole it’s dug itself in to.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Agreed with the above. I’ve said it numerous times, I think he’s a good human, but wasn’t the best candidate, though his approach to let Trump shoot himself is working well.
I think I'm possibly the only person who thinks he is the ideal President to replace Trump - an authentic, hard working, intelligent, empathetic individual who admits when he's wrong and actually listens to others. He's basically the complete opposite of Trump in every way. He'll work very, very hard to try and heal a bitterly divided nation.

Didn't think much of Harris in the primaries either but she seems to be doing a great job. She'll be running for President in 2024 (assuming they win in November).
Trump threatening to pull out of the next debate unless it’s agreed not to discuss covid or race :D
Sauce? I presumed it'd be more likely he'd pull out because they're bringing in mute buttons so they can muzzle him like a rabid dog to avoid the shit cyclone of the last debate.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
As the Vice President in 2018 Biden boasts about how he blackmailed the Ukranian Government to have a Prosecutor who was investigating his son's corrupt dealings fired by threatening to cut off fiscal support.....

The other 2 guys on the stage are cringing as if to say "Joe you probably shouldn't be telling people this on video"

The date typo on the opening screen is corrected below: In 2016 Ukrainian Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin, in his investigation of corruption involving Burisma Holdings, a natural gas company, identified Hunter Biden as the recipient of over $3,000,000 from the company. Not wanting this corruption exposed, Joe Biden swung into action, using US loan guarantees as hostage while demanding Skokin be fired. Amazingly, Joe Biden now brags about his actions in this matter.

moorey

call me Mia
I think I'm possibly the only person who thinks he is the ideal President to replace Trump - an authentic, hard working, intelligent, empathetic individual who admits when he's wrong and actually listens to others. He's basically the complete opposite of Trump in every way. He'll work very, very hard to try and heal a bitterly divided nation.

Didn't think much of Harris in the primaries either but she seems to be doing a great job. She'll be running for President in 2024 (assuming they win in November).

Sauce? I presumed it'd be more likely he'd pull out because they're bringing in mute buttons so they can muzzle him like a rabid dog to avoid the shit cyclone of the last debate.
Only wants it to be about foreign policy....like he has a fucking clue about that anyway...
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/donald-trump-joe-biden-scientists

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
#1 has mates in the US from both sides of the political spectrum. He is fairly ambivalent and is surprised by how vehement they both are. One lot are sure @Haakon is going to be banned forever while the others are expecting @moorey to be selling fruit to fund Hope hoops in 29" size. Anyways one thing that came out of the discussions was that Hillary is going to be locked up (again) but only after Trump wins the election. How they believe what they believe is amazing.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
As the Vice President in 2018 Biden boasts about how he blackmailed the Ukranian Government to have a Prosecutor who was investigating his son's corrupt dealings fired by threatening to cut off fiscal support.....

The other 2 guys on the stage are cringing as if to say "Joe you probably shouldn't be telling people this on video"

The date typo on the opening screen is corrected below: In 2016 Ukrainian Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin, in his investigation of corruption involving Burisma Holdings, a natural gas company, identified Hunter Biden as the recipient of over $3,000,000 from the company. Not wanting this corruption exposed, Joe Biden swung into action, using US loan guarantees as hostage while demanding Skokin be fired. Amazingly, Joe Biden now brags about his actions in this matter.

What he was talking about there had nothing to do with his son. That's another example of a misquote from the right. It looks like you suck up fake news for a hobby The international community wanted Shokin gone for a number of reasons, read his wikipedia page, then maybe read this