Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Z

Zaf

Do I have to explain why it's smart to wash your hands after taking a shit? Some things are self evident. Also, vegans don'e shit.
Yes.
That's the exact problem I have been talking about for years now. People have lost the ability to discuss matters, and you take a tone that is "well if you don't get it, I'm not going to explain it to you" and it does nothing but ostracise people!!! I know you're making a comedic point, and it's funny. But on a serious note it is, in my eyes, it's also one of the cornerstones of a much more profound problem.

Talking to people like they should know better and not giving any reason why a misconception to be discarded does NOTHING to further the understanding of a subject. Hitchen's Razor everything, for your own sake as well, because it makes you look into why you hold things to be the way they are and the reasoning that got you there.

I mean, this is a perfect example. My misconception was pulled apart in <2mins with a quick single word search and read. What's it say that nobody could be bothered just backing up what they were saying and ripping that out by the roots in the first place? You think you're doing anyone a favour by assuming it's plainly obvious?

moorey

call me Mia
Yes.
That's the exact problem I have been talking about for years now. People have lost the ability to discuss matters, and you take a tone that is "well if you don't get it, I'm not going to explain it to you" and it does nothing but ostracise people!!! I know you're making a comedic point, and it's funny. But on a serious note it is, in my eyes, it's also one of the cornerstones of a much more profound problem.

Talking to people like they should know better and not giving any reason why a misconception to be discarded does NOTHING to further the understanding of a subject. Hitchen's Razor everything, for your own sake as well, because it makes you look into why you hold things to be the way they are and the reasoning that got you there.

I mean, this is a perfect example. My misconception was pulled apart in <2mins with a quick single word search and read. What's it say that nobody could be bothered just backing up what they were saying and ripping that out by the roots in the first place? You think you're doing anyone a favour by assuming it's plainly obvious?
TL DR
Still love you though.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Trump's concession (on Twitter obvs) looks like it was almost written by an adult. Proof he definitely doesn't write all of his own Tweets then.
Can we cut the foreplay now and get to the bit where @Zaf takes himself to the dumb corner for 6 months.

Hopefully by the time @Zaf comes back, Trump's creditors will be taking their $400m of flesh and we can argue about how many times Trump's declared bankruptcy.

PS @Zaf I don't give a shit about you and I just want you to shut up for a while. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

If you need some more explanation, watch the Lego Batman movir and pretend that Lego Batman still doesn't give a shit about Joker at the end. Oh, and don't tell me about how you felt after you did it....

moorey

call me Mia
100% agree that Trump had nothing to do with those recent tweets whatsoever. When he sees them, someone’s in trouble.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Hopefully by the time @Zaf comes back, Trump's creditors will be taking their $400m of flesh and we can argue about how many times Trump's declared bankruptcy.
Actually that's US400 which makes about 900 million Strayan. Let's call it a billion he's personally guaranteed cus he's dumb af and it sounds better. Whatever, this is the part I'm really going to enjoy.

PJO

in me vL comy
Actually that's US400 which makes about 900 million Strayan. Let's call it a billion he's personally guaranteed cus he's dumb af. Whatever, this is the part I'm really going to enjoy.
It will be so long and protracted that Trump will shuffle off this mortal coil before it is finalised.
I don't think the US really has the stomach bring down someone who was a "leader" of the nation.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Yes.

If you don't want to get talked down to like your brain is lacking surface area, don't go saying idiotic things. In those cases...a condescending tone is usually there and intended!!! But it's usually obvious, and there's commonly several posts preceding it that in which I've kept the lid on it.

moorey

call me Mia
Depends on who they voted for first doesn't it?!

There's a correlation between size of a person's brain and depth of folds on it with their cognitive function and intelligence. A brain with fewer or shallower folds will have reduced surface area and volume, and consequently will likely have lower intelligence. It's not conclusive, but it's where the "smooth brain" insult comes from.
My brain, like my head, is smooth as a bowling ball. What of it?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Here is something to explain virtually every post made by Zaf, especially on this thread, apart from when admitting he was wrong, and something about gearboxes. :)