Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Minlak

custom titis
Fox News now backing up the NYT story stating McConnell is done with Trump and will not stand in the way of impeachment.

If that's true, Trump maaaay just end up being convicted. Apparently his media performance earlier today where he showed zero contrition or responsibility did not go down so well. The stupid fucker never, ever learns.
There is nothing to learn - He is the poster child of narcissisim - You cant possible be contrite when you have done nothing wrong - in act put him on a lie detector machine and he will proclaim to be 100% right and unfailing and he will not set the machine off.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Imagine how screwed we'd be if America's flirtation with authoritanism was at the hands of genuinely smart and competent people? We may not be so lucky next time.
Putin is very smart and very competent. I don't know how he has fucked this opportunity up so royally.

and McConnell can fuck fight off. That wrinkly cunt is as much to blame for this shit show after so many years of stone walling and being a fuckwits.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

There is also the corrosive effect on australian government and 'democracy' as well. Look at the utter shite eg support for the orange shitstain, supporting rightwing nutjobs, hypocrisy over 'free speech', promoting climate change denial, etc etc... coming out of the mouths of LNP state and federal politicians, and the way Murdoch media gives the LNP, both federal and state - a free pass, as opposed to the microscope examination and relentless hounding of state Labor governments.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Interesting little snip I just heard on ABC News, there are now more troops in DC than there are in Iraq & Afghanistan.....
There is supposed to be credible evidence that the FBI has that 4000 militia will surround the building and not let democrats enter - therefore passing the give to the republicans

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
There is nothing to learn - He is the poster child of narcissisim - You cant possible be contrite when you have done nothing wrong - in act put him on a lie detector machine and he will proclaim to be 100% right and unfailing and he will not set the machine off.
I hear what you're saying but I think that description is what he wants his enemies to think. If he truly felt that way he'd be fronting news conferences, giving interviews and generally aggrandising and seeking attention any way he could. But he's totally disappeared - the interviews he's consented to have fallen, and fallen. Since the election he's been almost mute apart from Twitter and a couple of rallies in Georgia (and the fateful one in DC). The Twitter ban has flatlined him. Why not be on daily sycophantic interviews with Fox / OAN / Newsmax trumpeting his bullshit?

Also the crawling deference to dictators (Putin, Erdogan etc.) doesn't make sense either. Maybe I don't know enough about narcissism, but I think he'd be pushing his messaging a lot harder if he was truly teflon coated. I think he's actually just a scared, sad little boy who tries to be a big tough man.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Not sure you'll hear from him again he seems to be systematically removing all his comments from the site
This is why I like to quote people when I reply to stuff :)
I don't get it. Why bother going to all the effort of removing your posts? A cursory look at just this thread from back when he was commenting and it's not exactly hard to work out what he was saying, regardless of deletions.

Minlak

custom titis
I don't get it. Why bother going to all the effort of removing your posts? A cursory look at just this thread from back when he was commenting and it's not exactly hard to work out what he was saying, regardless of deletions.
in the heat of the moment its easy to carried away and upon reflection feel like what you have said does not really represent who / whom you are. Dealing with that process can see you wanting to erase what you said - I get it - That's why if the internet is making me mad I walk away and reply if warranted later on.
Or he now has the shits with the forum and wants to delete himself from association with the forums
Or as Zaf is his Alt account he is trying to get rid of the evidence
Or message him and ask him