Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Minlak

custom titis
Largely by going up against the limpest group of pathetic whiny bitch candidates (with the exception of Geb Bush who was the only one who even remotely tried challenging him) and gobbling up airtime, publicity and support by saying outrageous crap.

He has to have dirt on Lindsay Graham, whether he's got dirt on the entire GOP is less certain imo given he's an outsider.
When considering what dirt he has don't forget to factor in the man was just president for the last 4 years - if his first trip wasn't to the "Dirt Files" I would be a really surprised person :)
I would strongly suggest whatever dirt he had pales in comparison to the dirt he has now

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Sadly never happen.
Wanna wager? ;)

Having absolved themselves of any conviction or courage, the Republicans are now locked into playing a stupid game: trying to hang onto Trump supporters sans Trump. It won't work, not considering Trump's abundant personality traits, imminent challenging of establishment Republicans he / his family have gripes with and trying to replace them with MAGA nutbags that will further alienate moderates and swinging voters. They also don't seem to grasp that as magnetic as Trump is to his supporters he's arguably even more galvanising for those who despise him - the spectre of Trump should ensure plenty of otherwise apathetic Americans will be out in force at the ballot box in the future.

GOP future slogan: We fucked around and found out.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Wanna wager? ;)

Having absolved themselves of any conviction or courage, the Republicans are now locked into playing a stupid game: trying to hang onto Trump supporters sans Trump. It won't work, not considering Trump's abundant personality traits, imminent challenging of establishment Republicans he / his family have gripes with and trying to replace them with MAGA nutbags that will further alienate moderates and swinging voters. They also don't seem to grasp that as magnetic as Trump is to his supporters he's arguably even more galvanising for those who despise him - the spectre of Trump should ensure plenty of otherwise apathetic Americans will be out in force at the ballot box in the future.

GOP future slogan: We fucked around and found out.
Ummm what? I am saying the same thing. The Trump implosion or party split is what I said wont happen. Senility, yeah that is better than even. But will his supporters notice?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
All is forgiven in politics and the big corporate world with money. It will be interesting to see if Trumpy can still bring in the $$$$$
With his ardent supporters? Yep, money hose won't get switched off there. With the corporates? Dunno... depends on how badly the Jan 6 insurrection shit will stick. Could be sun dried cow pat territory, or Pal fed dog turds in velcro....

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Omg no way:

In his book, Rosen writes that Bannon “believed Trump was suffering from early stage dementia and that there was a real possibility he would be removed from office by the 25th amendment, where the cabinet could vote that the president was no longer mentally capable of carrying out his duties.”

moorey

call me Mia
Omg no way:

In his book, Rosen writes that Bannon “believed Trump was suffering from early stage dementia and that there was a real possibility he would be removed from office by the 25th amendment, where the cabinet could vote that the president was no longer mentally capable of carrying out his duties.”
This was pretty well known, I thought? Bannon was on the record about this before Trump was elected. Also saying that Alzheimer’s was a planned defense for his shenanigans.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
This was pretty well known, I thought? Bannon was on the record about this before Trump was elected. Also saying that Alzheimer’s was a planned defense for his shenanigans.
Yeah I know I'm just being facetious. Also, Trump is unhappy with McConnell for some reason:

“The Republican Party can never again be respected or strong with political ‘leaders’ like Sen. Mitch McConnell at its helm,” Trump said in a statement released by his political action committee.

“McConnell’s dedication to business as usual, status quo policies, together with his lack of political insight, wisdom, skill, and personality, has rapidly driven him from Majority Leader to Minority Leader, and it will only get worse.”

Trump then went on to tout his success in the 2020 elections, even though he lost the presidential race to Joe Biden.

“My only regret is that McConnell ‘begged’ for my strong support and endorsement before the great people of Kentucky in the 2020 election, and I gave it to him,” Trump said.

“Mitch is a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack, and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again. He will never do what needs to be done, or what is right for our Country. Where necessary and appropriate, I will back primary rivals who espouse Making America Great Again and our policy of America First. We want brilliant, strong, thoughtful, and compassionate leadership.”

Aside from all the lols present in that statement, it's pretty obvious that Republican civil war is coming sooner rather than later.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Yeah I know I'm just being facetious. Also, Trump is unhappy with McConnell for some reason:

“The Republican Party can never again be respected or strong with political ‘leaders’ like Sen. Mitch McConnell at its helm,” Trump said in a statement released by his political action committee.

“McConnell’s dedication to business as usual, status quo policies, together with his lack of political insight, wisdom, skill, and personality, has rapidly driven him from Majority Leader to Minority Leader, and it will only get worse.”

Trump then went on to tout his success in the 2020 elections, even though he lost the presidential race to Joe Biden.

“My only regret is that McConnell ‘begged’ for my strong support and endorsement before the great people of Kentucky in the 2020 election, and I gave it to him,” Trump said.

“Mitch is a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack, and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again. He will never do what needs to be done, or what is right for our Country. Where necessary and appropriate, I will back primary rivals who espouse Making America Great Again and our policy of America First. We want brilliant, strong, thoughtful, and compassionate leadership.”

Aside from all the lols present in that statement, it's pretty obvious that Republican civil war is coming sooner rather than later.
Does anyone really believe Trump uses words like sullen, espouse or compassionate?