Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Bolton particularly is an utter chunt...but definitely wants Trump stink off his fingers so as not to ruin his next corporate or lobbying gig.
Thought he had a sweet show business job lined up,in the walrus show at sea World?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Absolutely not. Say these words to yourself and see how absurd they sound “another govt tried to steal a couple of nuclear weapons from America..., at a time when they were the most watched nation on earth”.

The chances are infinitesimally minute.
What do you think of the idea that all Turkey needs to do to become a world superpower is over ride the defences of one US military base? At a time when they are virtually devoid of allies, facing US and EU sanctions and not having much to lose?

Seems pretty risky, and I bet the US intelligence community isn’t thrilled those nukes were not pulled out before all this went tits up...

Haakon

Like North Korea?

They have nukes they don’t know how to use.
They don’t have 350kt American made nukes...

And what they do have has arguably been effective. Not sure they’d still be an “intact” country without them.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
They don’t have 350kt American made nukes...

And what they do have has arguably been effective. Not sure they’d still be an “intact” country without them.
I wasn’t sure if you were posing the question speculatively, or because it’s what you believe.

I think it’s silly either way.

Dangerous weapons in the wrong hands does not equal a super power.

Haakon

I wasn’t sure if you were posing the question speculatively, or because it’s what you believe.

I think it’s silly either way.

Dangerous weapons in the wrong hands does not equal a super power.
Hmm. Still no reason for why Turkey deciding they want some nukes when they’re so accessibly is so silly... If I’ve learnt one thing in the last few years, it’s never discount laughable scenarios when it comes to international politics.

moorey

call me Mia
Just heard the military has bees ordered (already has) to bomb its own base/s to prevent the Turks taking them. Clearly not the nooks....but still. :oops: