Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

crash3

Likes Dirt
For those who's like to learn about how Trump's actions work (or don't) within the framework of the U.S. constitution, give the podcast 'What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law' by Roman Mars a listen:

Roman & his neighbor Elizabeth Joh (a professor of law at UC Davis who teaches constitutional law) break down a lot of his actions and what the constitution says about them.

moorey

call me Mia
Trump tweeted this... not retweeted or liked.

Insert Stephen Colbert voice.
‘I was in such great shape when I beat Tyson with a KO in Manila’

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
It’s depressing how largely impotent Democrats have been in the face of Republican strategies to co-opt congressional/legislative processes.

All of these fucking insane bills trying to get to a Supreme Court challenge of Roe v Wade, the runaway senators from earlier in the year, Mitch McConnell playing one-man stonewall against basically any legislation in the senate etc etc... Trump has completely thrown out the rule book and all Dems have been able to do is throw their hands up and cry “that’s not fair!”

moorey

call me Mia
Yep. They’re pissweak.
Doesn’t help that most of them share donors with the GOP, and are benefiting quite nicely from Trumps tax cuts and stock market growth, even though it’s screwing both their bases.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
seems like the presidency will never be quite the same again after Trump.
Definitely agree he has a narcissistic personality disorder , I think early dementia and could be a danger.

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder
  • Grandiose sense of self-importance. ...
  • Lives in a fantasy world that supports their delusions of grandeur. ...
  • Needs constant praise and admiration. ...
  • Sense of entitlement. ...
  • Exploits others without guilt or shame. ...
  • Frequently demeans, intimidates, bullies, or belittles others.
Google seems to be big on narcissism there are 10,11,14 ,18 signs of it and thats just the first page..

15. A narcissistic person probably has no idea he or she is a narcissist.
This lack of insight is the classic.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yes recently re read about DK effectmoorey that also.
I have some patients who are perfect examples .
Love this one -
.The identification derived from the cognitive bias evident in the criminal case of McArthur Wheeler, who robbed banks while his face was covered with lemon juice, which he believed would make it invisible to the surveillance cameras. This belief was based on his misunderstanding of the chemical properties of lemon juice as an invisible ink.[2]

moorey

call me Mia
There’s definitely both malice and stupidity. He’s greedy and malicious, but too stupid to enact or pull off most things.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
There’s definitely both malice and stupidity. He’s greedy and malicious, but too stupid to enact or pull off most things.
He pulled off POTUS... I think he is smarter than he lets on and way smarter than people think.

Greedy and malicious is a given though.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He pulled off POTUS... I think he is smarter than he lets on and way smarter than people think.

Greedy and malicious is a given though.
Yeah. Smart enough, but too narcissistic to recognise he isn’t doing things for the benefit of the bulk of the US public. Smart enough to be able to dupe others into doin his dirty work or to rape and pillage their stupidity to get ahead.