Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If Biden ends up being he candidate all we will hear from Trump is “Ukraine and Hunter a corrupt” or, “I had to roll back what they did, you can’t trust him”

I don’t see him as being a viable candidate to win, but then Sanders is too extreme for the US. I heard one interviewee on an exit poll say they had to choose Biden over Sandwrs because his Medicare-for-all would be too divisive.

moorey

call me Mia
Medicare for all isn’t divisive...unless you talk to the media...who only listen to the establishment.
Last poll I saw, it was popular with 70% of voters...something like 80% of democratic voters and 60% of republicans.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
If Biden ends up being he candidate all we will hear from Trump is “Ukraine and Hunter a corrupt” or, “I had to roll back what they did, you can’t trust him”

I don’t see him as being a viable candidate to win, but then Sanders is too extreme for the US. I heard one interviewee on an exit poll say they had to choose Biden over Sandwrs because his Medicare-for-all would be too divisive.
Biden - particularly if he were to get financial backing from Bloomberg whose campaign is all but over - is a very strong contender. The Ukraine shit won't wash as it brings up too much dirty laundry regarding Trump's shenanigans.
For all the talk of Hillary Clinton's failed 'centrist' campaign, Biden isn't Clinton. Whether it's down to entrenched American misogyny or just plain personality, Clinton was a vegemite candidate and she was also a lazy one who took key states like Pennsylvania and Michigan for granted and did not bother to campaign in them and despite her faults, she still had 3 million more people vote for her than Trump.

Sanders is an even more divisive candidate than Clinton and one who's most fervent and loudest supporters happen to be from a narrow demographic with the poorest voter turnout. Biden's supporters cover a far wider range of age-groups and are more reliable when it comes to the polls. True, Sanders might be able to pull a few blue-collar voters away from Trump but I dare say it'd be at the expense of a significant portion of the middle class vote.

moorey

call me Mia
Bloomberg won’t care about anyone or anything when his run ends later on the week. He’ll probably go back to being a republican and enjoying their handouts to billionaires.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Bloomberg won’t care about anyone or anything when his run ends later on the week. He’ll probably go back to being a republican and enjoying their handouts to billionaires.
It's an ego-trip, pocket change for him and Trump's made it personal. You know how short guys get!

moorey

call me Mia
And Mike is out. In your face, Oligarchy!

Last edited:

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Bloomberg has backed Biden... It really says it all about this democratic race every single on of them has tried to trip Bernie over. I think they've succeeded.

moorey

call me Mia
Bloomberg has backed Biden... It really says it all about this democratic race every single on of them has tried to trip Bernie over. I think they've succeeded.
I still think Bernie will lead, or go close in the delegate count, but yes, the DNC has successfully torpedoed what was going to be a healthy leading total.
In the end, Trump/Republicans policies benefit their rich arses. They get to pretend outrage to constituents while counting their money.