Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Allegedly they've fixed the polling errors from 2016, but that last line is a worry (taken from a NYT article)...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Allegedly they've fixed the polling errors from 2016, but that last line is a worry (taken from a NYT article)...

View attachment 367350
Call me an idiot but I'm not that worried about polling inaccuracies this time around. By all accounts they've worked their asses off to rectify errors made in 2016 (ignoring the undecided voter factor and non-college educated whites) and if they get this one massively wrong they're going to be discredited for a very long time.

It's still far closer than I'd like (especially in f***ing Florida) but close polls discourage complacency amongst potential Democrat voters (and MAGAs too - but they were always going to vote).

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Shit. Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died... If only she’d been able to hang on a couple of months :(

This could well be critical in wrecking America if trump gets another nut job appointed.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Shit. Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died... If only she’d been able to hang on a couple of months :(

This could well be critical in wrecking America if trump gets another nut job appointed.
Yeah devastating.

There was a discussion around this on something a was watching recently but can’t remember (great source I know) which suggested that the likelihood of Trump being able to force through a nomination before the end of this term is very small just in terms of logistics.

Hopefully that is true (and he loses the election).

moorey

call me Mia

Noooo! Love me some Notorious RBG :(

They won’t get a SCOTUS in now before election thankfully...but it makes this election result even more critical.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

They won’t get a SCOTUS in now before election thankfully...but it makes this election result even more critical.
Theyre going to try. At best it makes a messy mess even messier...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Theyre going to try. At best it makes a messy mess even messier...
Yep, because McConnell is an even bigger piece of shit than previously anticipated. However I reckon it's a largely symbolic push to appease the evangelicals (who seem to view the revocation of Roe V Wade as the most critical issue of all time). Four Senators can torpedo the notion and I'd bet my bikes that Romney will - he despises Trump and what the latter has done to the Republican Party. Susan Collins is in the deepest shit imaginable in her Senate seat race and if she supports it she's gooooooooone. So that leaves two....
:(

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
George understood this issue very well.

Hopefully this unfortunate situation motivates a better over turnout for the anything but trump campaign.
I'm extremely doubtful whether there's a group of people on this planet I despise more than pro-lifers. George summed it up well.

I think it will motivate people though. Polling (yep I'm relying on it again) suggests women are going to save the day for us in November. Doesn't seem to matter background, education, ethnicity, they largely see through the Orange Chimpenfuhrer's bluster and bullshit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We shall see. It will be as times for the American empire, and the rest of the world, should that doofus be returned to power.

moorey

call me Mia
Yep, because McConnell is an even bigger piece of shit than previously anticipated. However I reckon it's a largely symbolic push to appease the evangelicals (who seem to view the revocation of Roe V Wade as the most critical issue of all time). Four Senators can torpedo the notion and I'd bet my bikes that Romney will - he despises Trump and what the latter has done to the Republican Party. Susan Collins is in the deepest shit imaginable in her Senate seat race and if she supports it she's gooooooooone. So that leaves two....

:(
It’s gotta make it to the Senate first. I confess I was sure Kavanaugh would never make it to the Sanate vote....but there’s no way in the world Dems are going to let this one through 6 weeks out from the election.
Or I’ll buy a 36”