Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Ginsburg's death gives Trump another nominee for SCOTUS; and I'm betting Amy Barrett is going to be the top of that list.
Who's Amy Barrett?

conducts lazy internet search

"She has written and spoken frequently about the importance of her Catholic faith and in her belief that life begins at conception."

Oh ffs.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Four Senators can torpedo the notion and I'd bet my bikes that Romney will - he despises Trump and what the latter has done to the Republican Party.
Guess I'm getting rid of my bikes then.....

I immensely dislike partisan politics and the binary "everything red team good, everything blue team baaaad" beloved by idiots but seriously it's getting really hard not to write off every single Republican in office as a spineless deadshit with zero morals or ethics who are all completely enthralled to the Trump cult.

History will damn them all.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Like I said, Trump will win and america will lead the way in the world's tailspin into authoritarianism and rampant nationalism. Next few decades will be very very nasty indeed.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Like I said, Trump will win and america will lead the way in the world's tailspin into authoritarianism and rampant nationalism. Next few decades will be very very nasty indeed.
He won't win. The desperation of McConnnell, Graham etc. to try and ram this SCOTUS nomination through now in the midst of everything else that is happening demonstrates how scared they are of losing in November. The problem is, it's not enough for Biden to win, the Senate has to be cleansed by a blue tsunami too.

If you're still doubtful it's worth remembering amongst everything else that the turnout for the 2018 midterms was the highest seen in any US election since 1914....