Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

safreek

How many times can everyone say how smart they are about trump before they start to look stupid?
give him a chance ( ha good joke ) he has been there for less than 2 weeks, the world hasn't ended yet. We have a huge wall called the oceans that surrounds us, lot of people would change their minds if others could just walk into our country. That said, at the moment I have two migrants in my unit under the house and they are working 10-12 hour days in the sun doing jobs that the lazy white and black aussies wont do, friggin lazy chunters, that's why I have no problem with workers coming into the country if they are prepared to move to the country areas and work, unfortunately the peoples from certain countries want to live in areas where there is high unemployment and lob on the dole. Fuck you, come and pick fruit or veggies instead of whinging about how hard it is to live in our great country, the growers will thank you and people will start to sympathise with you more when you show you are not after a hand out.
Since I have lived in the Lismore area I have worked with people from india, sudan, Somalia and south Africa,occasionally even an aussie most keep their jobs for as long as the job lasts, certain other refugees are conspicuous by their absence, they are the ones always on tv telling the world what a pack of cunts we are because we don't give them a chance.
This is a land of opportunities abound but no one is going to hand it to you on a platter, you have to earn your right to whinge

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well at least one cashed up country leader... who could have laid back and enjoyed his zillions, is doing what he promised when elected, imagine that !!! Someone who is actually carrying out the things they were elected for... unlike our ole mate, could have kicked back in his Sydney harbour mansion and spent his squillions, instead, got sucked in by the usual dickheads and has done nothing for us.

He may have strange ideas, but good on him for sticking to his guns.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Alternate truth.

Fake news.

Makes it very hard for the average punter to navigate. President yelling down CNN, calling them fake news adds to the confusion.

My USA based friends who voted Trump and admitted it have gone very quiet. Shame? Shock? Don't know yet but I don't feel like antagonising them so soon.

Professional work acquaintances from California after a few drinks quickly open up and talk of a country that's at risk of splitting itself apart.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Hahaha, fake news. Should we get into the whole pizzagate thing here or do we need vpn's to stop the world order tracking us...? :behindsofa:

DeBloot

Feeling old
The world is flat.
It's true. Think about it.
If it was round you'd fall over every time you stood up!

All those photos of a round world are photoshopped.
They're fake.
They're created by scientists to make themselves look smart and everyone else look stupid.
If they look smart, they get more money.
It's true. Ask anyone.

And the media?
They just play along because they don't want to look stupid.
But we know they're stupid because they prove it every day.

:wacko:

The cheeto-covered cunt-puddle will be a) impeached or b) assinated? And, how long before a/b occurs? I give it a year - just a matter of damage control till then

Sent from two tin cans joined by string
Trump odds

Impeached in the first term: Evens
Serve a full term: 4/5

Ladbrokes don't do a price on assassination, I'm also not googling the two words either, not without my hat.

Last edited:

Beej1

Last edited:

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.usnews.com/news/the-repo...-donald-trumps-personality-make-him-dangerous
"John D. Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who taught psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, minces as few words as the president in his professional assessment of Trump.

"Donald Trump is dangerously mentally ill and temperamentally incapable of being president," says Gartner, author of "In Search of Bill Clinton: A Psychological Biography." Trump, Gartner says, has "malignant narcissism," which is different from narcissistic personality disorder and which is incurable."

John U

MTB Precision
http://www.usnews.com/news/the-repo...-donald-trumps-personality-make-him-dangerous
"John D. Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who taught psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, minces as few words as the president in his professional assessment of Trump.

"Donald Trump is dangerously mentally ill and temperamentally incapable of being president," says Gartner, author of "In Search of Bill Clinton: A Psychological Biography." Trump, Gartner says, has "malignant narcissism," which is different from narcissistic personality disorder and which is incurable."
I swear he's Abbott 2.0. Australia was leading the US on this one. The US got the upgraded, with more psycho, version though.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I swear he's Abbott 2.0. Australia was leading the US on this one. The US got the upgraded, with more psycho, version though.
Its been argued this all Australia's fault. We got Abbot, which emboldened the Brexit loonies (which certain strategists in common I believe...). Which then gave the Trump lot ideas.

Now its come full circle and we might end up with a new and "improved" Abbott. Yay....

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
You need to look up narcissism!

Trumps problem, is that he actually thinks/knows he is more intelligent than everyone else, he cannot countenance someone who disagrees with him, and he will remove anyone who does. Abbott was a means to end thinker.

Btw, to those that think he has done what he said he would do - go find what he said, then compare it to what was done. When he said he'd ban Muslims, he would have or should have known that that was unconstitutional and wouldn't fly, all he has done is temporarily put a halt on a few different countries.

On the wall, he has more or less promised to make the American people pay for the wall with increased prices - if he actually believes what he says, then he's deluded.

Last point should be cross referenced with the article linked to a few posts above. This is the quandary - if he really believes everything he says, there's 2 options, he's incredibly dumb (like well under 100IQ points) or he is deluded (see true narcissistic disorder).

If he doesn't believe all these things, he's an out and out liar (he doesn't use soft language with get of of jail cards like 99% of politicians) and manipulator.

Strangely his non detractors probably all hope he is the latter and blessed with some rationality as a result.

His supporters probably don't know which way to turn, even a good number of them are now feeling concerned according to the polls

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its been argued this all Australia's fault. We got Abbot, which emboldened the Brexit loonies (which certain strategists in common I believe...). Which then gave the Trump lot ideas.

Now its come full circle and we might end up with a new and "improved" Abbott. Yay....
You lot are kidding right? Abbott was to left of the democrats on most issues.. He was shithouse no doubt, but jeez he is not remotely in the ball park of Trump or Farage.

Government's worldwide were tending more conservative when Abbott came into power.

Abbott is finished here, there is no 2.0. Mainstream Australia has rejected him. Midclass oz isn't hurting enough for the alt-right to get a grip here.

Last edited:

Beej1

Steve Bannon gave Trump most of his ideas. He'll continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Trump is his brainless puppet.

I doubt Bannon and the alt-right movement know or give a flying fuck what happens in Australia. It's true they were massive fans of Brexit, claiming it would return the UK's 'sovereignty'. But they've had their plans for the perfect America for quite some time I assure you. They just waited for the right time, the right muppet, and pressed the right buttons in the right states and hey presto: electoral college majority.

Their view of the perfect America is one full of honest white Christian men (and their wives at home) making widgets for other Americans. Nobody else is welcome.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
You lot a kidding right? Abbott was to left of the democrats on most issues.. He was shithouse no doubt, but jeez he is not remotely in the ball park of Trump .
I don't understand how people don't get this - universal healthcare, permanent welfare, decent minimum wages - all supported by the conservative parties in Australia, all well left of the democrats in the US.

Though we might be similar if we had non compulsory voting

John U

MTB Precision
I don't understand how people don't get this - universal healthcare, permanent welfare, decent minimum wages - all supported by the conservative parties in Australia, all well left of the democrats in the US.

Though we might be similar if we had non compulsory voting
You missed Hockey's first budget. No dole for the first 6 months. More recently Fuck off penalty rates. There's quite a list that would go against what you've just said.

You may be correct for a certain bunch of people.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You missed Hockey's first budget. No dole for the first 6 months. More recently Fuck off penalty rates. There's quite a list that would go against what you've just said.

You may be correct for a certain bunch of people.
And where did that budget end up once it was put to parliment and the rest of the coalition party room?

Penalty rates weren't proposed to be abolished, they were to be adjusted so Sunday matches Saturday's rate.