Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Unlikely to get any sort of revolution in the US. Calories have never been cheaper. An obese and full populace is unlikely to get fired up enough to do anything physical. Now if the junk/fast food ran out and the telly stopped working, well that's a different story...

stirk

Burner
Posted article as it eludes to Chump getting away with his dodgy shit. Is that possible given his lawyers are crap?

stirk

Burner
Unlikely to get any sort of revolution in the US. Calories have never been cheaper. An obese and full populace is unlikely to get fired up enough to do anything physical. Now if the junk/fast food ran out and the telly stopped working, well that's a different story...
Love it! What you said that is, not the reality.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
They could always try it...it's not like they've given it a chance before.

Alternatively the NRA and those that profit from the current arms situation could be leveraged to put large sums of cash into some mental health research and services and community programs to help prevent thosw likely to commit such a crime before it becomes an issue.
yeah nah not gonna happen lol.

though I do like the idea of the NRA putting considerable money into tackling mental health issues, but i don't see the government trying to mandate it.

on stormy danniels, i don't really get why it's such a big issue.

Is it only because of the perceived hush money?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

moorey

call me Mia
yeah nah not gonna happen lol.

though I do like the idea of the NRA putting considerable money into tackling mental health issues, but i don't see the government trying to mandate it.

on stormy danniels, i don't really get why it's such a big issue.

Is it only because of the perceived hush money?
No, it’s partly because she was paid out of campaign funds, and specifically to hush her at a particular time that would have very damaging.
Trump HAS to admit that ‘David Dennison’ in the NDA is him, otherwise he can’t stop Stormy publicity releasing her pics and info...but when he does admit it, he will open right up the can of worms about lying, paying her off, having the affair, and disclosing how it was paid.
Meuller has all he needs on this, but Trump is having his hand forced.
I’m just parroting a really smart guy (lawyer) named Andrew Torres. Look up his podcast “opening arguments”, specifically, “stormy Daniels is a legal genius’ episode.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
i agree they could try tightening gun laws further but wont happen.
Predicting the future is notoriously inaccurate , people have tried for years , Trump will go kicking + screaming but when and how , I dont know.
with all the guns and nutters and social divisions, America is ripe for violent social unrest.
Not that many developed countries have already had civil wars eg USA , Spain, Greece but it is possible..
Sure France ,China , Russia had revolutions .
UK, Angola, Malaysia, Syria, Libya, Korea (multiple uprisings, some very violent), Venezuela, Lebanon, China (Taiping, Boxer, Cultural Revolution, Guomindang V Commies..., it wasn't really a revolution as in the way it was in Russia), Ukraine, Yugoslavia and its derivatives, Thailand, Russia (Chechnya, etc.). Although, where do you draw the line from civil war to insurgency? Thailand and Malaysia dealt with or are still dealing with parts of their countries with simmering conflicts with high body counts over the years and huge resources being allocated to it. What happened in Syria was very similar (until the Russians, Iranians, Saudis, US, etc. become overtly involved) to what Russia dealt with in Chechnya and even in tactics, they constantly flow between semi-conventional and guerilla. Even then, you can have a whole country at war, such as Vietnam with one side using guerilla tactics and another conventional for the simple reason of asymmetry.

Ok, I'm geeking out now.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm yet to say any evidence for that, only argument. If there was evidence there'd already be legal action.
There seems to be evidence of everything he’s suspected of, Meuller is just a patient and methodical man. Every other day, someone flips on Trump to save them self. The other day it was Maniforts ex son in law who has plenty of dirty laundry to air.
I realise that your speech writing for Katter gives you a lot more insight than a hack like me, but I still think the shit will have fully hit the fan by July 1.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not that many developed countries have already had civil wars
The English crushed that out of most of their colonies during the age of black powder. Though Ireland. Depending on your definition of civil war and developed you could include a lot of south and central America and eastern Europe.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The English crushed that out of most of their colonies
Really?

Northern Island, Nigeria, Yemen, Iraq, Pakistan, Burma, Malaysia, Solomon Islands, Honduras, Sudan, Sierra Leone. Reckon I could find more if I looked closely enough but these have all had civil wars and full scale insurgencies at least. Some of them are happening right now.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Really?

Northern Island, Nigeria, Yemen, Iraq, Pakistan, Burma, Malaysia, Solomon Islands, Honduras, Sudan, Sierra Leone. Reckon I could find more if I looked closely enough but these have all had civil wars and full scale insurgencies at least. Some of them are happening right now.
He did use the word developed, which from your list would be Ireland. The developing world is much more unstable.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...and a tricky part of the answer I guess, how could somewhere like Australia during the age of sail be considered developed?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
He did use the word developed, which from your list would be Ireland. The developing world is much more unstable.
I was responding to what you said about the British crushing something or other out of their colonies. Not sure what "that" is, but if it refers to post-British colonies not having "it" in them for internecine war and such, then I'm saying that's not the case.

Bring it :cool:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was responding to what you said about the British crushing something or other out of their colonies. Not sure what "that" is, but if it refers to post-British colonies not having "it" in them for internecine war and such, then I'm saying that's not the case.

Bring it :cool:
I think we were saying the same thing...the quote I responded to being the key to my post:
- "Not that many developed countries have already had civil wars" with a citation of the American civil war among a few others.

I'm not commenting on developing nations at all, merely that some of the nations generally thought of as developed (such as Australia, Scotland, and Ireland) while being members of the empire have had some sort of civil unrest and were spanked by the crown. With my noting that Ireland kept up the fight for a long time and it is still not settled. Other than the bold stroke at the opening of the Sydney harbour bridge, when was the last strong unrest here towards the crown? We did have a vote about it all and just kissed up...Scotland? Canada? Maybe New Zealand? I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, but it certainly has been quiet for a long time among most of the developed nation of the empire. The developing members of the empire do tell a different story. Also the definition of developed/undeveloped could use some clearing up. As too with civil unrest.