Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Or not...there is much debate. Will be interesting if he does, as that would be the kind of action that borders on dictatorship. How would the people respond? The rest of the government? What is the protocol for removing a tyrant?

moorey

call me Mia
Despite what he says, it’s not quite that straightforward apparently, and pardoning himself isn’t a get out of jail free card anyway.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Despite what he says, it’s not quite that straightforward apparently, and pardoning himself isn’t a get out of jail free card anyway.
Agreed. Plus it would have other ramifications besides the legal. His reputation would be shattered - likely amongst his fans included. Plus surely a massive swing to the dems.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ll bet that trump’s aides and policy writers stress levels are going up trying to work out what he’s going to promise in this meeting and how they can spin it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Forget all the minor details kids, Dennis Rodman saves the world.
I can see it now...

So supreme leader, you agree to give up nuclear proliferation in exchange for food, medicine, eased sanctions, and border security.

Donald you agree...

But I wanna beeeee supreme leader.

stirk

Burner
Did Trump call Kim special in his post meeting press conference?

Not sure all the people his regime imprisoned and tortured and killed would say he's special.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Not sure all the people his regime imprisoned and tortured and killed would say he's special.
If he did there would have been a room full of fat arses.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Trump is quite at ease ignoring anyone who isn’t a big business owner, investment banker or celebrity. What poor people?

moorey

call me Mia
So, Drumpfs one on one with Lil Kim had absolutely no note takers, diplomats , foreign officials, advisers or Morris dancers present. Just one (shared) interpreter.....
What can we believe about what either said, or will be saying afterwards?
We know Trump is a moron, with absolutely zero experience in diplomacy or international relations. Am I the only who fears that he will be played like a fiddle.

On the same day he said there will be a special place in hell for Justin Trudeau, but praised Kim as being a great man.

At least Dennis Rodman seemed to enjoy the presidential briefing before today’s meeting.