Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not really. The US have been more than happy to kill their own citizens in drone strikes and have turned a blind-eye to scores of 'political prisoners' over the years. For example Chile's dictatorship under Pinochet murdered at least 4 US citizens without any serious censure - one of which was by car bomb right in the middle of Washington DC!
Chile was regarded as an ally against communism at the time so they got a free pass.
Pinochet was indeed close to the us and so is Saudi Arabia. I guess they wouldn't want to upset such a big money source.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its law for the US gov to warn any citizen or resident they are in danger if they have intel suggesting such.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yep, seems pretty clear:

The “duty to warn” obligation, which in principle dates back at least several decades, was formally established last month by Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper in Intelligence Community Directive 191, July 21, 2015.

https://fas.org/blogs/secrecy/2015/08/duty-to-warn/

Jim Clapper is in Canberra at the moment (he retired on 20 Jan 2016) and I actually get to spend a couple of hours with him tomorrow, I might ask his thoughts on all of this.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Take it to the Privvy Council and the UN Human Rights Commission.

It helped Assange get out of imprisonment (voluntarily being in a shithole embassy)!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This guy has the worlds greatest intel gather system at his disposal and what, he just pulls theories out of thin air?

He should just get rid of the CIA and the like, he'll be all good just making decisions based on how he feels.
He'll be able to nab the 400kg guy in the basement that hacked the DNC, he can nab Hillary for colluding with Russia, and of course get those rogue killers in the learjets who walked into a Embassy and killed someone, cut him up, then walked out and flew home.

Everyday he finds a new way for me to hate him even more, lord i hope the Dems get control next month.