Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Binaural

Eats Squid
However, if he wins, then all bets are likely off as the damage of him remaining in is too great to risk.
Given no Republicans will currently risk even small confrontations with Trump over some pretty huge breaks with traditional Republican priorities, I can imagine how brave they would be voting to impeach a newly-reelected president more than a year after the majority of his crimes have been revealed.

I do agree that many actions can be wound back, because he hasn't the wit or patience to build strong executive actions safe from legal challenge.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I don't think it's the encumbant Reps that would be mobilising but those in govt depts, the bar and numerous democrats on committees that have been hesitant to force issues.

There's also a lot of members in the Republican Party (as in, not Congressfolk) who I think would mobilise in defence of traditional values as well as liberal democratic values. Not to say that any of this would be successful, just that they are the people that are on the record or speaking in private saying that impeachment is an even bigger can of worms but if he wins again, they'll have to do something because they think Trump 2.0 will make Trump 1.0 look like Obama. I also expect that he'd try and pull a Xi Jinping and do away with term limits..., should he even have his faculites in 18 months, which is not a moot point! Shit, even if he lost his mind to age, the MAGAtards would claim that he was poisoned by the deep state, or something: "No, the second coming of Christ is perfect, this is the work of the Devilocrats!!!"

moorey

call me Mia
So...Right wing news sites spread a doctored video of Pelosi, with it slowed down to make her look drunk and slurring.
This was Rudy Giuliani’s non ironic tweet about it. Typed, not spoken o_O

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
C02 was compared to the Jews and anti-Semitism recently (not in The Onion), by a Trump administrator.

We really have hit peak weird strangeness. The Acting Defence Sec apparently had the name of the USN John McCain covered over by a tarp whilst it sat in Yokosuka during Trump's recent trip to Japan in case it offended him or put him in a bad mood.

I remember a comedian saying "let's vote Trump in, let's see how weird shit gets".

Well, this is it.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love that Trumpy says he called off the attack on Iran because it was going to be too costly lives. Shows how much of a prat he is. Needs to sound tough for he voters, but needs to show compassion for the other voters. Everything he does is about making himself look better - despite the fact many things make him look more desperate for attention.

moorey

call me Mia
I don’t believe a word of his account. Says that after the strike was planned, he asked ‘the generals’ how many would be killed....and they said they didn’t know, but would find out. When the discovered it could kill 150, hero Trump though that was excessive and called it off.

There’s zero chance that this hadn’t been fully assessed and collateral damage considered. That nor how it works.

I’m also skeptical of US claims of international air space. They also had a military plane with 35 personal in the same area, that Iran didn’t touch, but are adamant was in their air space.

I’m also glad they didn’t strike...but it’s coming. Bolton and Pompeo are looking for any excuse.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is, they have gone so long without a war they likely have blue balls. Did Bolton and Pompeo also miss the chance to go to war because of bone spurs?