Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

moorey

call me Mia
A white woman with expensive lawyers don't generally get into physical altercations that necessitate the use of one. I thought, you being a doctor and all, you'd would know all about prevention being a lot better than a solution.

Fuck me dead...let me re-phrase it so as to make it a little clearer for you.
Compared to a long arm, pistols have poor lethality. The bullet grain is big, and it only has a short barrel to accelerate out of, which limits the wound vector to a great degree. You will find most personal carry weapons fall back to 9mm for this exact reason; you can get a double stack magazine in a small form factor so that you can make up with volume what you lack in hitting power. Also snaps a lot less than a 10mm or a .40, and doesn't have the form factor issues of a .45; it is more easily controlled and concealed.

Almost every army in the world fires a .22 calibre bullet out of their main battle rifle. We're all acutely aware that ANY bullet can be lethal with the right placement, which I said the first time. Usually goes, center mass, fire until threat is eliminated. You don't brandish or fire warning shots, if you had to draw the weapon you are within reasonable fear of your life and you should be using it to shrewd effect.

You're kidding me?! You mean this isn't an anonymous anime imageboard!? I never make that mistake, so you can see how this would be mighty embarrassing for me.
You need some new content with your insults though. This whole "he doesn't agree with me, he must be from 4chan" is getting a little overused.

The point was more to make out that there is a significant difference in movies (the only exposure most people have to firearms) and reality. It's not as simple as putting a bullet in someone and they go down.

Well done to everyone though! You've all managed to turn a discussion about draconian abortion laws and the case that might very well have a huge impact on them, into a circle-jerk about how you all hate guns...a detail you've already represented super clearly, at almost every opportunity and in large volume all over the forum already.
TLDR.
I just don’t believe for a second you aren’t trolling. ;)

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
TLDR.
I just don’t believe for a second you aren’t trolling. ;)
Well, I did read the wall of blah blah blah, I'm gonna bombard you with a wall of blah blah blah, so because there is so much blah blah blah information there... it must be right. Blah fvcking blah.

And I still think that...

Regardless... bible belt law, whether it is to do with guns or abortion... is hardly the precedent for us, or any other sane nation for that matter, to base our own laws on.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
The riding isn't so much of an issue; it's sleep that is the victim in all of this.

I feel the need to correct that, as it's a bit of a horse behind the cart. I have had over a decade of sleeping issues; my average of a night is significantly lower than most others (and with no detectable cause on sleep lab or MRI). So it's more, I don't sleep and have found myself reading all sorts of things of a night to pass the time a little, rather than "I'm committed to intellectual rigors so much I don't sleep".

Natural disclaimer that all the reading happens in the moments spent ignoring the whispers of my firearms urging me to kill children.
And when I'm not throat punching kittens and juvenile delinquents with equal vigor and posting on 4Chan, or whatever the latest heinous thing I'm supposed to be doing is.
Damn kittens... they had it coming anyway.

safreek

Well, at least there is some sort of sense in the usa. Edward Gallagher found not guilty of all the serious charges. Victory for the good side

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The indictment existed as a matter of due process. Jemison was charged with manslaughter and exonerated by a Grand Jury; in the absence of her blame, and in light of Jones being the aggressor in a violent crime that resulted in the death of her unborn child, Jones was seen by a that same Grand Jury to be criminally negligent and an charges filed accordingly.

The District Attorney has prosecutorial discretion on which cases they will take to trial, and it's worth noting that these decisions are still subject to Judicial Review. In this case they have chosen not to pursue the charges.
There are a multitude of different reasons for doing something like this, in a criminal case, where the standard is to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in order to convict (rather than a Civil case where it is simply the preponderance of evidence), if discovery isn't sufficient to make that case they may not go to trial for that alone.

I hope that clears up any ambiguity you seem to be having on the matter.
So you are still very certain.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I believe I have answered in as clear and concise a manner as possible.
I fear your confusion on the matter may be beyond my abilities to clarify.
Yesterday ypu were very certain of guilt, not the possibility of guilt at trial. Now you have danced a little side step and Realigned yourself and continue with the same level of authoritative not quite tjere as before. This is a common practice of yours.