Tubeless Rim Tape Advice

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah but these look pretty. What ones do you buy?
Don’t get paranoid :D
I buy cheapies in advance from Wish or EBay for the setups I inevitably do for mates and kids...not giving away my good ones. They work perfectly though.
I pay more than than that for mine usually, but I like ones with the core removal caps or multiple air holes rather than just the middle one.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Don’t get paranoid :D
I buy cheapies in advance from Wish or EBay for the setups I inevitably do for mates and kids...not giving away my good ones. They work perfectly though.
I pay more than than that for mine usually, but I like ones with the core removal caps or multiple air holes rather than just the middle one.
I thought I'd missed out on some $2 specials!

Here's the one I ordered - https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/shop-2nd-d1-dert-premium-tubeless-valves

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Having just been to bunnings for some scotch exterior tape, I found out that they no longer stock it. Not even listed on the website. Ended up buying the Bear brand exterior masking tape instead (its a bit more like gaffa tape). Looks like you can get the scotch exterior tape from mitre10 now.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
As I mentioned elsewhere l love tubeless but hate doing it , so I buy the best quality tape which stretches just a bit and goes on smoothly no wrinkles called Tubeless Rim tape R backwards the LBS recommended it and do 2 wraps .
My labour is worth more than the cost of it and now use thick Vittoria sealant which looks like it has glitter.
I will try true waterproof tape if it exists next time because any tape can come loose once you add sealant.

Last edited:

cammas

Seamstress
Gorilla tape works well not the big 50 or 75mm stuff but the small 25mm, I have been using it for quite a while especially on the gravel commuter due to the narrow rims. I did have to cut it down but was WFH and had an hour long meeting that I had to attend, so sat there with a scalpel and cut it in down to size on the roll, can say it holds better than the Maxxis tyres I’ve been using.